Facilities Supervisor - Crescent School
Founded in 1913, Crescent is an independent school for boys from grades 3 - 12, located on a park-like 30-acre campus in midtown Toronto. Our students are encouraged to strive for excellence and to develop their talents in the areas of academics, arts and athletics. Faculty and staff alike model Crescent’s core values of respect, responsibility, compassion and honesty as we foster the development of our graduates to men of character from boys of promise.
Crescent School invites applications for the following position:
1 Year Contract
As a dynamic, engaging professional with exceptional relationship building and communication skills, you have a passion for facility operations and working in education. Your commitment to your own professional growth is evident in the innovative practices you bring to work and inspires the development and growth of your colleagues. Your expertise plays a key role in managing the day-to-day operational requirements for the Facilities team. The Facilities Supervisor is a resource and the ‘go-to’ person for the team to help minimize barriers for the successful completion of daily tasks, projects, and work orders. In a workplace that is challenging, diverse, warm and fulfilling your contribution will be valued by the entire community.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the School including work orders, deliveries, parking lot management, and repair and maintenance projects;
- Manages the daily cleaning of the School through adherence to cleaning policies and protocol;
- Direct the daily maintenance schedules and resources required to effectively and efficiently complete tasks in a timely fashion while ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and standards;
- Maintain awareness of codes and regulations; converse with inspectors for regulatory agencies within the area of accountability as well as promote safe work practices in accordance with Occupational Health & Safety, School Policy, and as instructed from the Director of Facilities;
- Provides leadership and oversight to a team of Handymen, Caretakers, and Technicians; including coaching and evaluation;
- Assists with scheduling overtime shifts, such as weekend and event support;
- Responsible for implementation, operation, and management of the preventative maintenance program;
- Prepares reports as required by the Director of Facilities; budget, cost estimates, & planning;
- Oversees the set-up and takedown of furniture and equipment for various School events.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a facilities operation with supervisory experience in facility operations and/or maintenance;
- Post-secondary education in Facilities Management, Administration or a Journeyman status in any of the related trades would be considered an asset;
- Two years of experience and knowledge in automated building control and HVAC systems;
- Level I & II Occupation Health & Safety Regulations is an asset;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Knowledge of policies, practices, and procedures governing construction, renovations, and maintenance of facilities;
- Technical understanding of fire/safety system requirements as they apply to Schools;
- Ability to lead and understanding of preventative maintenance scheduling techniques;
- Strong knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System;
- Growth mindset, curiosity and willingness to accept new perspectives;
- Compassion, and a desire to cultivate courage and nurture connection;
- A passionate team player and a strong contributor to the coaching culture of growth and flourishing;
- A burning desire to become fully immersed in the School’s positive and progressive culture.
Crescent School offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you exude passion, creativity, commitment, courage, and fun, you will make an impact here! Please apply online at crescent.simplication.com by creating a ‘support’ account and uploading your letter of application and resume by August 9, 2020.
Accommodation for job applicants with disabilities is available upon request.
For further information about Crescent School and employment opportunities please visit our website at www.crescentschool.org. We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We thank all candidates in advance; only those being offered an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.