Facilities Manager - Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium
Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium
Job Posting: Facilities Manager
A diagnosis of childhood cancer changes life in an instant. For affected children and families, it can suddenly feel like everything is about cancer.
Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium (merged in 2020) offers a different journey, where kids with cancer can just be kids, and families connect with a community of strength and support when they need it the most.
So much more than a summer camp—we offer the social cure for childhood cancer. Our camp-inspired programs deliver fun, friendship, and community to children and families at no cost to them year-round, all across Ontario. New in 2020 were virtual camp opportunities reaching kids and families living in isolation—at home or in the hospital—wherever they are!
Cancer changes a child’s life. So does camp. And so can you. Learn more at www.ooch.org.
As a member of the Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium Operations Department, the Facilities Manager ensures the year-round camp facility is in quality condition, safely operated and maintained as such, in order to maximize their effective use by campers, renters, staff and volunteers involved in the organization’s programs and services. These accountabilities help achieve Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium’s vision of the following:
- To provide a safe and enriching year-round camp experience for children living with cancer, and
- To provide kids with cancer and kids affected by childhood cancer with a unique opportunity for growth through challenging, fun, enriching and magical experiences.
In addition to achieving the above, this role will be accountable for documentation & planning activities including data management of quotes, work orders, purchase orders and receipts in WorxHub, management of vendors, supporting site rentals and offseason events, carrying out hands-on site maintenance, supporting site staff and programs being run on site, and management reporting activities. The Facilities Manager works very closely with the Operations Director to support them in site budgeting and large-scale site directives, as well as managing the year-round site staff including leading team meetings, assigning and assessing work, performance reviews, and developing and promote a healthy and safe work environment and overall wellness culture.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: This role manages the facilities at the organization’s Muskoka site.
- Site Operations Coordinator
- Site Management Coordinator
- Year Round Maintenance Staff
Experience and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary school education required.
- 7-10 years of experience required in Operations related roles.
- Minimum 3 years of people management/supervisory experience.
- Current police reference check and vulnerable sector screening.
- Current driver’s license.
- Current driver’s license.
- Operations/Facilities Management experience in a camp or resort environment.
- A strong understanding of the Ontario Building Code.
- Familiarity with industry standards applicable to the site; e.g. Ontario. Camps Association, Canadian Association of Pediatric Oncology Camps.
- Familiar with Ontario laws and regulations applicable to Ooch North; e.g. AODA, OHSA, HPPA, FPPA, MOEE.
- Small Drinking Water Systems Operator Certification.
- OHSA JH&SC Certified Member qualification.
- Current WHMIS, Standard First Aid, working at heights, and basic health & safety certifications (or readiness to obtain and maintain those certifications).
- Formal trade qualification in a related area.
- Ontario Pleasure Craft Operator Card.
- Standard First Aid with CPR C certification.
Well organized, strong sense of ownership, enthusiastic, passionate, personable, excellent time-management skills, adaptable, diplomatic, and able to work independently and with a team. Able to work with limited direct supervision, excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Particular Working Conditions:
- Due to the nature of the work and responsibilities, reside no further than one hour’s safe-driving distance from the facilities (Rosseau, Ontario).
- Some evening and weekend commitments (as required from time to time).
- Willingness to drive to Toronto and back regularly, as required.
- Must be and remain insurable under the organization’s auto insurance policy.
- In consideration of the population Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium serve, the incumbent is a non-smoker.
- Use maintenance, housekeeping, lubricant and finishing products (e.g. cleaners, paints, varnishes, thinners, grease, oil, gasoline, solvents, chemical compounds) in dry, liquid, powder, spray and aerosol forms;
- Operate motorized equipment (i.e. John Deere Gator, cars, tractors, SUVs, walk-behind snow blowers);
- Walk, stand, bend over, reach fully overhead, crouch, kneel, shovel snow, twist at waist, lay on back and stomach, and sit at a desk ;
- Maintain balance on sloped, cluttered and uneven surfaces;
- Lift a 66 lb. weight and carry it 200 feet;
- Climb ladders and work at 2 storey heights;
- Climb stairs and step into and out of vehicles;
- Operate power tools, including table, circular, reciprocating and chain saws;
- Do simple vehicle checks/refills; e.g. gas, lubricants, washer fluid;
- Work in narrow, confining and enclosed spaces;
- Work in conditions that include, or will create, dirt and dust;
- Work outdoors in Rosseau-area winter conditions.
Operate in keeping with the organization’s commitment to ethical behaviour by: Helping to ensure that the integrity, image and quality of all programs are consistent with our mission, operating principles and objectives and adhere to the code of ethics of Imagine Canada, the Association of Gift Planners, the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement and the Code of Ethics of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
This position offers a competitive salary, full benefits package, vacation, and professional development.
Please send a cover letter, resume and expected salary to email@example.com with the email subject reading 2021006 – Facilities Manager.
We will expect to commence screening applicants on March 15, 2021. This posting will remain open until filled. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium, please visit www.ooch.org - No phone calls please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Upon request, Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium will provide to applicants with disabilities, accommodations that take into account the applicants’ accessibility needs, in order to facilitate participation in the recruitment, assessment, selection and hiring stages.