Director - PT - Trauma Practice - Trauma Practice
TPHC helps trauma survivors with group programming, education, resources and complementary research into trauma informed care for community members.
We are looking for an energetic, self-directed and detailed oriented director. TPHC is a small organization with a remarkable team of dedicated members and volunteers who are making a difference in the lives of trauma survivors.
As Director you would manage all daily operations of TPHC including Board Governance and Direction, Financing, Funding, Grant Writing, Communication, Human Resources and Team Coordination, Strategic Planning, Event Management, Program Organization and Community Liaison. In other words, you would be a leader in directing this 3-year-old charity in moving boldly forward with our mission.
President and Board of Directors
Required Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Education and experience in non-profit/charity or related business management.
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) designation an asset.
- Coordination in community program delivery, outreach and communication, project/program management and team engagement.
- Knowledge of and commitment to community mental health issues or a willingness to learn.
- Depth of experience in managing team members and development of projects and events.
- Skilled and experienced in working with a Board of Directors or team management.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, social media management/communication strategies and a strong commitment to sustaining a culture that encourages highest quality services, innovative ideas, and teamwork.
- Current working skills with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Social Media Communication and basic web maintenance.
- University degree preferably in non-profit/charity management, business, or health sciences
Leadership – An inspirational leader able to:
- Report to Board of Directors informing of all opportunities/concerns related to TPHC
- Strategic planning, leadership, day-to-day operational management both internal & external
- Address all stakeholder communications
- Manage all funding/revenue development and reporting (CRA/tax) filing to ensure charitable status and financial sustainability
- Influence and inspire inside and outside the organization
Management – A competent manager able to:
- Align staff to goals and objectives
- Delegate and hold accountable
- Communicate effectively
- Manage Conflict & Team Dynamics
- Build and maintain relationships based on mutual respect, trust, appropriate sensitivity and transparency, empathy, and compassion with clients, colleagues, professional associates and the greater community
Strategic – A change leader able to:
- Identify and respond to opportunities as they arise with community partners, program development, event planning and grant / funder development
- Able to deploy identified strategy through the management team and into the organization
- Develop, implement, evaluate and plan to reach goals, ensuring optimal use of resources
Funding/Fundraising Acumen – With the ability to:
- Identify grant opportunities, write and submit applications to meet deadlines
- Maintain fundraising database and communication strategies/social media contact
- Implement fund-raising committee/annual strategy
- Propose, develop, manage events/capital campaign activities/sponsorship programs
- Manage corporate sponsor and donor relations
- Securing sufficient funding for scheduled programs/offerings
Finance - Capable of responsibility to:
- Ensure internal controls and finance policies are in place, implemented and in compliance with applicable polices, regulations and best practice requirements
- Developing, overseeing and managing all organizational financial matters including, operating plan to support annual budget creation, execution and evaluation, capital expenditures, operating expenses and revenue and donor records (including all CRA filing requirements for maintaining charitable status;
- Monthly financial review and production of quarterly financial statements
- Liaises and oversees the annual external review of the financial statements
- Filing of tax returns and other applicable documents/returns
- Ensuring payroll is delivered accurately and timely; and,
- Overseeing purchasing and inventory control.
Communicating - Skilled ability to:
- Listens carefully and communicates articulately, fostering respect and trust
- Actively solicits input from others
- Speaks, writes and presents in a manner easily understood by the audience (i.e., preparation of annual reports, minutes, presentations and other documentation as required)
- Accepts feedback both positive and constructive in an open and non-judgmental manner
- Adapts content, style, tone and medium of communication to suit the target audiences
- Is a transparent decision maker and communicator
- Familiarity with Social Media communication and able to develop a regular communication plan and communication posts utilizing existing TPHC platforms
Board Governance - Responsibly:
- Prepared to work closely with/report to a Board and effectively support a Board in fulfilling its governance responsibilities (i.e., finance, education calendar, evaluations, skills matrix, by-laws, etc).
- Preparing all required reports/documents (i.e., annual reports, agenda’s, financial, meetings, etc)
- Managing/organizing meetings, ensuring minutes are taken, attending/planning for meetings/AGM’s etc.
- Ability to engage well with a volunteer board of directors, using a Governance model, supported by a small, committed professional staff with the help of devoted volunteers.
Community Relations - Engaging by:
- Establishing and cultivating relationships with community partners;
- Conducting all media relations and outreach; and,
- Supporting the Board of Directors including ongoing communications, attending monthly meetings and providing various operational reports.
Human Resources - Ready to:
- Ensure compliance with applicable legislation as it changes from time-to-time
- Manage & lead recruitment process (clinical, volunteer, admin roles) – ensuring adequate staffing / quality level is maintained
- Ensure staff orientation is properly delivered to all team members & that all members understand, apply and implement all current policies/procedures
- Develop and implement performance management tools for all employees/volunteers
- Develop, review and enforce human resource policies and procedures
- Collaborate with clinical / administrative team to ensure all clinical / program policies and procedures are up-to-date and integrate safety protocols
- Develop and review compensation models and other employee benefits as applicable
- Lead the organization in maintaining positive management relations; addressing any grievance matters and acting as the organizations lead in contract negotiations.
- Ensure safety measures are followed to protect team members, volunteers, clients and visitors.
Values and Behaviour - Prepared to:
- Model organizational social responsibility, integrity, credibility, ethics and values
- Demonstrate consistency between actions and words while remaining accountable
- Build trusting relationships and honoring commitments
- Strong Emotional IQ and self-management of emotions while promoting a strong but calm leadership role in potentially challenging circumstances
- Working effectively with a diverse service and team population
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If you require any accommodation to allow for ease of application, please call us directly at 416-733-3838 and we will make attempt to assist in this process.
We value your interest in our mission and values. For more information about the TPHC for https://traumapractice.org