Executive Director - Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House - ANHBC
The Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC) is currently seeking an experienced executive to join our senior leadership team and provide leadership to the Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House (MPNH).
As a future-oriented leader and strategic thinker, the successful candidate will demonstrate a proven record of strong leadership skills and an ability to work effectively and collaboratively with staff, volunteers and a volunteer Community Board, as well as funders, community partners and local groups, in order to achieve the organization’s mission and goals, and follow through on the strategic directions identified in its current strategic plan 2016-2021.
Working within the ANHBC senior leadership team, the Executive Director of MPNH reports to the CEO of ANHBC with respect to operational and association-wide responsibilities and has functional accountability to the MPNH Community Board with respect to the priorities at the local community level. The successful candidate will lead a self-motivated, compassionate and innovative team of 70 staff, hundreds of volunteers and be responsible for an annual budget around $2.7 million.
- A minimum of five years of senior level management/leadership experience and ten years of direct program/service provision at a similar sized organization, ideally in a not-for-profit environment;
- Relevant graduate degree or higher; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Strong strategic planning skills; must be able to connect vision, mission and strategic goals and develop work plans to achieve them;
- Strong leadership and organizational development skills; broad knowledge and experience in place-based strategies, community development initiatives and programs/services that promote social justice and inclusion;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to write coherent proposals and reports and to articulate, reframe and present complex ideas and messages is essential;
- Experience in fund development and grant writing; knowledge and experience in donor engagement and social enterprise an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build and nurture internal and external relationships;
- Knowledge of community development principles is essential; experience working with a diverse community including vulnerable populations such as seniors, LGBTQ2+, indigenous groups, newcomers and homelessness;
- In-depth knowledge of Mount Pleasant community;
- Experience in human resource management, financial management, administration and program management, development and evaluation; and
- Knowledge of additional languages and cultures will be considered a great asset.
This is a regular full time position (35 hours per week, 5 day work week) that requires a consistent in-person presence at MPNH. A detailed job description available upon request. Salary commensurate with experience.
For more information about the Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC and the Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House, please visit www.anhbc.org.
The Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity & inclusion. We encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply by noon Friday October 11th, 2019, in confidence, to:
Ms. Lily Chen, CPHR, Human Resources Director, ANHBC
#203 – 3102 Main Street, Vancouver, BC V5T 3G7
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where you found this posting. We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.