Executive Director - LA Centre
LA Centre is seeking an outstanding leader to assume the role of Executive Director (ED)
LA Centre is a not-for-profit agency focused on enhancing the quality of life for seniors by developing and delivering a variety of socially engaging programs to promote health and independence for people ages 55+ in Toronto’s West End Community. LA Centre is funded by Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Toronto, the City of Toronto, Province of Ontario, as well as other groups and individuals.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the ED is accountable for all day-to-day operations and strategic planning, ensuring the mission and vision of the organization are being met. The ED will be an advocate for the Centre to all key stakeholders, manage and develop staff, and lead a passionate group of volunteers. Through personal leadership the ED promotes a culture of community, trust, transparency, and inclusion. The ED will promote a culture of innovation, respect and inclusivity across the organization and work collaboratively with both internal and externals stakeholders.
- Ensure proper legal, insurance, and regulatory policies and practices in place to manage risk and liabilities to the Centre
- Participate in short-term and long-term strategic planning
- Keep abreast of sector trends and network within industry to potentially apply to Centre in line with Strategic Plan
- Execute operations to Budget
- Ensure all financial activities properly tracked and financial controls in place followed
- Work with accounting provider and auditor in preparation of financial materials as required
- Ensure all ongoing base funding from core funders are secured and all conditions and reporting requirements followed
- Seek out incremental funding (e.g. grants) through effective proposal writing and timely submission
- Develop and execute relevant and timely programs
- Incorporate member feedback and industry best practices
- Adjust to changes in macro environment
- People Management
- Recruit, manage, and retain staff, providing effective coaching and development feedback
- Inspire and organize a group of volunteers
- Board Liaison
- Works with Board to ensure strategic plan is implemented in the day to day operations
- Effectively communicate to Board on all relevant matters at all times
- Participate in regular Board meetings and presents regular updates on agency activities
- Proactively identify risks and opportunities to the Board with appropriate cost/benefit analysis
- Advocate & Communication
- Serve as agency advocate to key external stakeholder relations such as funders, partners, government, suppliers Ensures a strong, positive public image is maintained
- Attend meetings and participate in committees as required
Education, Work Experience & Qualifications
- University degree or College diploma in business or a related filed
- Progressive experience in management in a social service setting agency. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in a seniors services environment
- Experience developing and managing budgets; working with funders and seeking out funding and grant proposal opportunities
- Experience working with a volunteer Board of Directors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including giving presentations to large and small audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to nurture existing relationships, build new relationships
- Strong people management and leadership skills. Experience in managing staff, doing performance reviews, and ensuring sound human resources practices are in place
- Strong business acumen to manage day to day operations as well as implementation of strategic plan
- Ability to project confidence during uncertain times, applying diplomacy and objectivity during conflict
- Experience with program development which includes deliver and evaluation in a non-profit environment
- Experience in managing operations with a budget
- Strong MS Office Suite skills
- Mandatory – valid Ontario drivers licence and full time access to vehicle
Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position located at 55 Rankin Crescent near Bloor and Dufferin. Occasionally, some evening and weekend work will be required.
- $60,000 - $70,000 depending on experience, plus comprehensive benefits
- Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Applications will be considered as they are received. Only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
LA Centre offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by LA Centre regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodations.
LA Centre respects the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion and seeks to model these principles in all that we do. We are committed to fostering an inclusive workforce where all employees feel respected, supported and valued. We strive to create an environment that represents the diversity of our community and encourage applications from all qualified individuals who can contribute to enhancing our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.