Executive Director - LA Centre
LA Centre for Seniors is a small not-for-profit agency focused on enhancing the quality of life for people ages 55+ by developing and delivering a variety of socially engaging programs to promote health, independence and spirituality for people ages 55+ in Toronto’s West End Community.
LA Centre is funded by Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Toronto, the City of Toronto, Province of Ontario, as well as other groups and individuals. The Centre's activities are consistent with the social mission of the Catholic Church.
The Executive Director is accountable for the daily operations of LA Centre including all financial and administrative matters; program development and execution, short and long term strategic planning; securing ongoing base and incremental funding; liasoning with the Board; serving as advocate of Centre to key external stakeholder relations such as funders, partners, government, and suppliers; managing and developing staff; and leading a passionate group of senior volunteers. Brings vision, energy, organization to the Centre and has a passion for serving seniors.
Board of Directors
- Provide leadership to the Board, staff and volunteers and fee-for-service providers in order to create a highly motivated, committed, and achievement-focused and service oriented- organization.
- Work with the Board and staff to develop strategic plans and yearly business plans consistent with the goals of the organization to ensure program stability and strategic evolution.
- Oversee the management and associated administrative duties of a small staff, programs and services, the agency budget and program housing.
- Liaise with potential and established funders through the submission of Board approved funding proposals and reports, attend meetings and sessions, and maintain relationships with funding agency staff, and ensure compliance with funder reporting cycles.
- Maintain communications with the members of the Centre to stay attuned to their needs.
- Stay abreast of trends and potential funding sources for this service group and network with other service providers in the geographic area and the sector.
- Provide support to the Board, and to its committees, in its governance by:
o participating in board meetings as required,
o providing advice and doing background research in such areas as policy development and fundraising, and
o providing regular financial and service delivery updates.
- Ensure regulatory integrity of the organization, and ensure that proper legal, insurance, and regulatory policies, practices and controls are in place and operational to manage risk and liabilities to the organization.
- University Degree or College Certification in related field
- Experience in management of a Seniors Centre or other Social Service agency, including supervisory experience
- Experience working with a volunteer Board of Directors
- Experience in working with funders and seeking out funding and fundraising opportunities
- Ability to work with the Board on the preparation of and reporting on an annual budget
- Experience in managing staff, doing performance reviews, and ensuring sound human resources practices are in place
- Experience in developing programs in a non-profit environment
- Experience in planning and organizing special events and fundraising
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to manage budgets
- Flexibility especially with reference to job duties and availability
- Ability to maintain a climate that attracts, keeps and motivates staff and diverse volunteers and fee-for-service service-providers
- Diplomacy and objectivity in dealing with those around you
- Understanding, adherence and commitment to the pastoral, moral and social teaching of the Catholic Church
- Valid Ontario drivers licence an asset
Hours of Work
This is a part-time position, 25 hours per week, normally five (5) hours per day. Hours are flexible. Occasionally, there will be some evening and weekend work required.
Salary: $30,000 - $40,000 depending on experience
How to Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Applications will be considered as they are received. Only those being considered for the position will be contacted.