Executive Director / Huntsville - Fairvern Nursing Home Inc.
Fairvern is currently looking for an experienced Executive Director/ Administrator to join our team. It is an exciting time as the new Executive Director (“ED”) will be a key player in collaborating with the District of Muskoka in planning for, and managing the operational transition of the Home to the District’s umbrella once the new beds are approved. And with new beds, comes the need for a new facility, plans which are currently in motion. The ED will join the development project team to provide input to the construction of the new facility.
The ED will work closely with both the Fairvern volunteer Board of Directors, as well as the District leadership team to develop and implement a comprehensive and collaborative long-term strategic plan as well as provide the overall direction of day-to-day operations.
- Oversee all aspects of the Home’s operations including but not limited to resident care and services, human resources, physical plant and leading the team to provide quality care and services.
- Oversee the quality management program for the Home ensuring required outcomes are achieved.
- Ensure standards of resident care and services are consistently achieved and that all MOHLTC requirements are met.
- Hire, orientate, evaluate and educate staff.
- Provide a high level of resident care and promote positive family and community involvement.
- University degree in health care administration, business administration or equivalent;
- Three+ years’ experience as an Executive Director/ Senior Executive of a long-term care facility;
- Meets the qualification requirements outlined in Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and Ontario Regulation 79/10, including recognized Executive Director’s Certificate;
- Demonstrated leadership and communication (written and verbal) skills required;
- Knowledge of applicable legislation (e.g. LTCHA, etc.), unionized settings and labour contracts preferred;
- Team player with a customer service focus who exhibits leadership, initiative, and continuous improvement;
- Demonstrates caring and respectful behaviour with strong conflict management, communication, and organizational skills;
- Knowledge, experience and application of technology related business applications, including the core functions of Microsoft Office Suite, web-based applications, social media, etc.
- Ability to work in an environment that includes pets, flowers, plants and perfumed scents and adjust to change in workday demands.