Executive Director - Charity of Hope
Executive Director – Charity of Hope
The Charity of Hope has granted wishes that has given hope to thousands of children, youth and their families since 1999. We provide funding to schools and teachers to help students stay engaged and thrive in school. Community organizations count on our support and funding for their programs that help underprivileged children and youth. In addition, we also provide acts of hope through funding to children and families that need immediate support.
The Charity of Hope is seeking an Executive Director who will be key in building new programs to ensure the long term viability of the organization and possible growth to other communities across the country.
With a track record of implementing vision and mission, you will work closely with the board to guide the organization. You will bring a fresh perspective to developing partnerships with sponsors and potential supporters. Most importantly, you will have a passion for equipping and supporting communities to better embrace the needs of children and their families who struggle with missed or no opportunities for quality of life issues.
Our Dream – Vision
To grant wishes that will give hope to children and youth in need in communities across Canada.
Our Part – Mission
To generate resources through fundraising initiatives and community partnerships and use those funds to make an impact in the lives of children.
To attract volunteers and partners who are passionate about helping children achieve their hopes, dreams and full potential. To transform communities
To transform communities through helping children, youth and their families who need support” to ensure that this mission is written in a way that is consistent with the other missions.
Our Values - We believe that hope, emerging in the midst of lament, can enable every person to embrace the fullness of life.
H – Honour and compassion
O- Openness and Integrity
P- Partnerships and Community
E – Excellence and Passion
Your Role – Executive Director
The Executive Director is the key community representative of The Charity of Hope. The Executive Director is responsible to:
- Create a business plan that will sustain the program in Hamilton and growth to other communities.
- Execute the business plan, once approved by the Chair and Board of Directors.
- Take part in an annual strategic plan review to apply continuous improvement and pivot the organization to a sustainable plan.
- He/she will oversee the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization.
- Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach.
Education and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in business, marketing or managing charitable organizations.
- Proven business proficiency
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior non-profit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of The Charity of Hope ’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to non-profit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- Proficient in computer programs including Microsoft suite and accounting program
- Proficient in digital marketing and social media platforms
LOCATION: Hamilton, ON Canada
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 19, 2020
Applications should be sent c/o email@example.com