Executive Coordinator - Girl Guides of Canada, National Office
Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC-GduC), a national membership-based organization, empowers every girl in Guiding to discover herself and be everything she wants to be. Our mission is to be a catalyst for girls empowering girls. Together, we’re building our vision of A better world, by girls.
Girl Guides of Canada is seeking a dynamic and creative Executive Coordinator.
*Remote work arrangement temporarily due to COVID-19
About This Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, Executive Suite and Board, the Executive Coordinator will provide support to the CEO, Manager of the Executive Office & Board, Board of Directors, national volunteers and senior leadership.
This candidate will have experience providing all aspects of senior level administrative support including meetings management, managing communications and inquiries, records management, coordinating social media activities and microsite updates and project management. The candidate will also demonstrate a commitment to apply organizational policies regarding inclusivity to content, member communication and customer service.
This position is ideal for someone who can demonstrate discretion and good judgement in handling confidential and sensitive matters, cultivate positive working relationships with various stakeholders, work collaboratively with colleagues to research and develop new ideas for process improvement, develop a strong understanding of GGC’s operations and decision-making structure and demonstrate flexibility and a positive approach when faced with ambiguity, challenges and pressure. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys juggling multiple tasks at once, works well under pressure with speed, accuracy, and efficiency, is solution-oriented and customer-service driven and has superb attention to detail while being comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Post-secondary education in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Volunteer Management, Social Sciences, Project Management, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant to a senior executive including proven minute-taking and meetings management skills.
- Experience in project management, and event and travel management.
- Experience in volunteer engagement and coordination.
- Experience with social media platforms and creating digital assets.
- Excellent verbal communication skills combined with strong listening and interpersonal skills, resourcefulness, critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Excellent organization skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks or projects.
- Demonstrated experience working under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Intermediate proficiency with Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Teams, SharePoint, and Outlook) and are a quick learner of new technology platforms.
- Experience working within the non-profit or charitable sector.
- French language skills/fluency (and any other language spoken in Canada).
- Experience working with a diverse population of volunteers within the non-profit or charitable sector.
- Knowledge of/experience with Guiding.
Occasional evening and weekend work is required. Travel within Canada may be required post COVID.
Does this sound like you? Then apply today!
A detailed position description will be provided to selected candidates.
This position will remain open until filled. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Send your cover letter and resume (as one file) to Leisa McKenzie – Employee Experience Business Partner
Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada E-mail HR@girlguides.ca
Kindly reference the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
GGC-GduC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We value a recruitment and selection process that is inclusive and barrier-free, and we encourage applications from people who are racialized, Indigenous, people from the 2SLGBTQI+ community, people with disabilities and other equity seeking groups.
Upon request, Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada will make available reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. Accommodation requests should be made in advance to People & Culture at HR@girlguides.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.