Executive Assistant, Advancement - The Bishop Strachan School
Internationally acclaimed for its unique environment and expertise in the particular learning needs of girls, The Bishop Strachan School (BSS) has built a reputation over its long history as an undisputed leader in education. Offering a challenging, lively and creative atmosphere, a roster of uniquely qualified faculty and staff, and an inspiring campus featuring a spectacular science and arts wing, BSS inspires each student to find her passion, pursue her dreams and reach her potential through a rigorous academic program.
Helping students become smart, independent, compassionate young women, BSS provides the tools, technology and innovation required to thrive in post-secondary pursuits and beyond. Our unique whole girl approach, commitment to excellence and embodiment of strong values create a profound and powerful learning environment within a supportive, engaged community.
To support our mission of providing our students with the best educational experience, we strive for excellence in every facet of the organization - including providing a stimulating, creative and lively work environment that attracts the best staff and faculty. We are seeking the right candidate to fill the position of:
Executive Assistant, Advancement
Reports to: Executive Director, Advancement
Summary of Position:
The Executive Assistant (EA) is responsible for providing exemplary administrative and customer service support to the Executive Director, Advancement and the Advancement Team, including support for the Major Gifts prospect research and tracking functions. This role requires the EA to demonstrate flexibility, take initiative, and ensure the Executive Director, Advancement is fully supported in the lead role. The EA works in a procedural, consensus-building manner with all constituents of BSS in keeping with the school’s vision, mission and values.
Specific Accountabilities Include:
- Acts as primary contact person for the Advancement office
- Manages all incoming/outgoing requests for appointments and information with both internal and external parties for the Executive Director, maintains calendar, and schedules recurring meetings and events
- Provides senior-level administrative support to the Executive Director, including file management and general correspondence preparation, e.g. briefing notes, agendas, necessary documentation, letters for internal and external parties
- Meets regularly with the Executive Director and team to review and anticipate needs for the department
- Exercises diplomacy and good judgment in liaising with parents, students, staff, alumnae, donors and volunteers through support that reflects a thorough knowledge and understanding of the department’s activities
- Co-ordinates and organizes Board of Trustees meetings in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Performs recording secretary duties to the Board of Trustees
- Records and tracks activities related to the Nominating and Governance Committees of the Board of Trustees
- Records actions, event and biographical information in Raiser’s Edge
- Assists with and participates in Special Events as needed
- Provides support for the Prospect Management module and moves management measures for the Major Gifts function
- Records and tracks attendance for the department
- Oversees the office resources
- Co-ordinates incoming and outgoing mail and courier service
- Arranges travel and accommodations for the Executive Director
- Participates in Administrative Specialists’ Team meetings to ensure coordination across departments
- Acts as back-up for Advancement Services Administrator
- Commits to the Staff Growth and Evaluation Process
- Occasional evening, early morning and weekend work
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Experience and Attributes Include:
- Successful completion of a university degree or relevant college diploma
- Extensive experience working in a senior administrative role, preferably in an educational environment
- Excellent organizational, time management and administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional competency with Microsoft Office software (specifically Word and Excel) and familiarity with Google Cloud Platform
- Database management experience and expertise, preferably with Raiser’s Edge
- Keen interest in and understanding of evolving technologies and office protocols
- Strong written and analytic skills
- Proactive team player, flexible and self-motivating
- Ability to work independently, manage a variety of tasks concurrently, and perform well under pressure
- Successful customer service record
- Ability to see the big picture while being attentive to the details
- Exceptional judgment, discretion and diplomacy in order to deal with the various community members and the public
- Proven track record of confidentiality and integrity
- Adaptable to change
- Creativity and professional demeanor
- Sense of humour
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at The Bishop Strachan School by email to email@example.com indicating Executive Assistant, Advancement in the subject line.
We thank all candidates in advance.
We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.
We believe that diversity in our School fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment.
We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school
and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Visit us at www.bss.on.ca