Events & Outreach Coordinator - Continuing Education Students' Association of Ryerson (CESAR)
The Continuing Education Students’ Association of Ryerson (CESAR) is currently seeking candidates for a full-time seventeen-month contract unionized position to assist with events, volunteers and membership development, starting in June 2021, with a three month probation period. Salary for this position is $51,273.75* plus benefits as outlined in the collective agreement with CUPE 1281. The position is required to work 40 hours a week, 11am-7pm Monday to Thursday and 10am-6pm Fridays.
The Events & Outreach Coordinator will strive to improve the quality of student life of CESAR members and increase member involvement in CESAR through events, programming, outreach activities and campaign implementation. This position seeks to create areas of growth for general members to get further involved in CESAR operations and governance, and the larger students’ movement. The Events & Outreach Coordinator will at all times act in a highly professional, efficient and student friendly manner.
CESAR is committed to employment equity and building an inclusive and representative workplace. Applications from diverse communities, including: First Nations, Inuit and Métis people, racialized people, women, persons with disabilities, members of the queer community including lesbian, gay, bisexual and gender queer people, and trans, non-binary and agender people are encouraged to apply. If you require any accommodations during the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CESAR is an independently incorporated students’ union working within the Ryerson community. This is NOT a Ryerson University staff position.
Start Date: June 2021 (or as soon possible)
End Date: October 30, 2022
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this position is currently work-from-home but may return to on-campus employment. With this change, many of the job duties have been modified to reflect an increased digital programming and outreach strategy.
* CESAR is currently negotiating a new Collective Agreement. Some details in this posting may be modified to reflect these changes during the hiring process.
- Coordinates all CESAR outreach and events programming activities in coordination with the CESAR Executive.
- Coordinates the CESAR Class Representative and Volunteer Program, including but not limited to: recruitment, outreach, training, follow-up and evaluation.
- Coordinates the CESAR outreach strategy including but not limited to: outreach schedules and staffing, class talk scripts and schedules, training and support, and follow-up and evaluation.
- Coordinates the logistics, planning and evaluation of all events including but not limited to: Undergraduate Orientation, Week of Welcomes, Disorientation, workshops, guest speakers, socials, campaign-related events and rallies. Acts as the main support staff for the CESAR Events Committee.
- Coordinates recruiting and building relationships with potential sponsors, negotiating event-related contracts, overseeing space booking and any necessary permits, equipment and assists with the coordination of promotional materials marketing, staffing and event enhancements.
- Acts as a liaison and primary support person to the Equity Service Centres and assists in the communication and implementation of their campaigns and initiatives.
- Attends and is a member of various Ryerson University committees as assigned by the Staff Relations Officer.
- Develops new initiatives that enhance the membership engagement side of the organization in areas including, but not limited to: organizing workshops and cultural events.
- In collaboration with the Communications & Campaign Coordinator, drafts promotional materials to create awareness of CESAR events and volunteer opportunities.
- Prepares the events and outreach section of Semi-Annual and Annual Reports for General Meetings.
- Maintains a regularly updated transition document related to their job duties.
- Participates in outreach, class talks and opportunities to engage with the membership as required.
- Assists with the implementation and promotion of events, campaigns and services of CESAR and those offered or organized by the Canadian Federation of Students.
- Assists with the training of the Executive and the Board of Directors to ensure consistency in event programming and outreach.
- Assists other members of the staff and elected officers in various projects as assigned by the Staff Relations Officer.
- Other reasonable and ancillary duties as assigned by the Staff Relations officer in respect of the Collective Agreement.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work within deadlines
- The ability to be self-motivated, multi-task and accomplish many goals simultaneously, while under pressure
- Experience working on member-driven campaigns within a students’ union and familiarity with the Canadian students’ movement
- Experience planning and executing a diversity of events and outreach initiatives
- Knowledge of equity & anti-oppression practice & issues
- Experience working in an office environment including following & recommending policy and procedure
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of teams and working groups, including the ability to motivate part-time employees and volunteers
- Experience with volunteer recruitment, training, supervision and follow-up
- Demonstrable experience with digital engagement strategies
- Familiarity with CESAR and its operations, and knowledge of current on-campus issues is an asset
- Demonstrated experience coordinating digital programming and webinars is an asset
- Post-secondary education, or equivalent work experience in campaign organizing required
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter no later than Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 10:00PM. Applications can be submitted to email@example.com.
No phone calls.