Fundraising / Events Manager - Good Shepherd
Good Shepherd Non-Profit Homes Toronto, a ministry of the Hospitaller Order of St. John of God, strives to enhance the quality of life for all who seek assistance and support in our community. An opportunity currently exists in Toronto in the role of:
Full Time Fundraising Manager
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer and Director, the Fundraising / Event Manager is responsible for development and execution of fundraising and awareness building events hosted by Good Shepherd Non-Profit Homes Toronto.
- Development of community integrated fundraising and marketing strategies
- Research prospective donors and create a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors
- Event planning in Fine Arts is a requirement of the position.
- Develop, plan and execute budgets and timelines in collaboration with committee members and stakeholders.
- Research and submit grant proposals for potential funding
- Ensuring the documentation, files and paperwork are complete for all assigned events and updating information in Raiser’s Edge in a timely manner.
- Maintains detailed documentation and files of all community initiatives and third party events.
- Process all gifts related to events using Raiser’s Edge, generating thank you letters.
- Degree in a related field and 3 years experience in a similar capacity
- A demonstrated commitment to the values of availability, flexibility, adaptability, hospitality and dignity.
- Superior communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Raiser’s Edge.
- A motivated individual and team player.
Please reply with resume and cover letter quoting job # TH-11-20 by October 19, 2020 to:
Cathy Wellwood- Chief Development Officer
Good Shepherd Centres
Fax: 905- 528- 9614
Good Shepherd is an equal opportunity employer operating within an anti-racist and anti-oppression framework. We strive to establish workplaces that reflect and are enhanced by the rich diversity of the community we serve.
Good Shepherd welcomes and encourages applications from all people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are in need of accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 905-528-5877 ex 2265 or firstname.lastname@example.org.