Event Coordinator, Forward Food - Humane Society International/Canada
This position will help to grow Canada's plant-based food industry, making plant-based foods more widely available, enabling institutions, businesses and other foodservice operations to more easily source appealing plant-based products. The event coordinator will be responsable for coordinating a minimum of four high-impact events where plant-based businesses can connect with investors and venture capitalist to grow their businesses.
This is a full time, 18-month contract position running from October 1, 2021 to March 31, 2023, with the possibility of renewal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Planning and executing a minimum of four events for the plant-based food sector and investors between October 2021 and March 2023 (the events are tentatively scheduled to be in-person in November 2021, March 2022, June 2022 and October 2022, and we expect that additional events will be added.)
- Liaising with team members, partner organizations, external stakeholders and vendors to plan all aspects of the event, including but not limited to:
- Determining their structure and content (theme, agenda, etc.)
- Identifying and inviting speakers
- Identifying and securing sponsors
- Planning food and beverages (100% plant-based)
- Promoting and marketing to various audiences
- Guest registration and support
- Exhibitor registration and support
- Travel and accommodation arrangements
- Managing vendors and budgets
- Ensuring events are physically accessible and bilingual
- Executing such events successfully, with support from team members , partner organizations and external stakeholders.
- Monitoring event analytics and collecting feedback to determine the value of executed events and preparing port-event reports.
- Maintaining a project budget and workplan to ensure that tasks are completed on time and on budget.
- Maintaining professional relationship with partner organizations, external stakeholders and vendors.
PERIPHERIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Assist with other campaign work of the farm animal protection department as requested.
- Represent the organization to donors and supporters.
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in event management, project management, marketing and/or communications.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in development, fundraising or partnerships.
- Preference will be given to individuals with experience related to the plant-based food sector and/or the financial/investment sector.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE< SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong event management, project management and budget management skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills with demonstrated flexibility and the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity white meeting time sensitive deadlines and deliverables.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong ability to build/foster relationships by reinforcing trust and respect, and demonstrating high standards of tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent judgement and ability to prioritize
- A high level of confidence, integrity, interpersonal skills, and a professional presence for effectively interacting with and engaging stakeholders, internally and externally, as well as for facilitating meetings and conducting public speaking/presentations.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision, as well as participate collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be willing to work outside of regular business hours on occasion
- Strong knowledge of the plant-based food and finance/investment sectors is an asset.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a consultant to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The consultant is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control; and reach with hands and arms
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.