Event Committee- VOLUNTEER POSITION - Community Foundation of Mississauga
Are you interested in events or looking for a place to volunteer? The Community Foundation of Mississauga is a charitable public foundation looking for volunteers to join our Event Committees. You can Join the Speakers Breakfast, our Golf Tournament Committee, or hey have you ever wanted to be part of a team for a Gala Event? Volunteers are an integral part of our mission; A strong, vital community that has the resources it needs to ensure quality of life for everyone. We simply could not accomplish all we do without the support of volunteers. We are seeking to attract more volunteers to help us as we get ready for our 20th Anniversary Year! The Foundation strives to offer volunteers an experience that is meaningful for them, as we work together to build awareness, strengthen and enhance our shared community.
As a volunteer, you will be participating, learning, and helping us to develop:
- Event concept & design
- Marketing strategies and build media relations
- Ticket and table sales
- Administrative tasks
- Production & event day set up
What’s in it for you?
- Networking opportunities; connecting you to others, building self-confidence, and skills
- Opportunity to make an impact in your own community
- We offer attractive incentives for completing role assignments
- Year-end Volunteer Award ceremony where your contribution is recognized
- You are invited to take part in the event you volunteered for i.e. One ticket to the Speakers Breakfast is valued at $100
- We provide volunteers with an endorsement/reference letter to form part of their achievement portfolios, or to be used during job hunting
Working together to protect the health and safety of our volunteers and staff is our primary concern. During this time all meetings will be done virtually through Zoom. We are seeking individuals who are committed and willing to donate their time.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome all who are interested from diversified backgrounds, different educational and professional experiences. ALL are welcome!!
We are looking forward to meeting you!