Employment Resource Consultant - Youth Employment Services YES
Summary – The Position
Reporting to the Manager, this position is responsible for delivering high quality services in the Resource and Information Centre. Services include: delivery of job search workshops that address employability such as: resume development, interview skills, job search strategies as well as providing instruction on computer use and developing positions for Job Matching.
For this position the focus is pre-screening of clients’ eligibility and suitability through inbound and outbound calls.
Your energy and enthusiasm are boundless and you enjoy and thrive in a fast paced environment. You are detail oriented, creative and able to multi-task. You want to work with youth and adults and provide group and individual employment counselling, information and referral, and other related services. You thrive in a professional environment and welcome the opportunity to aspire to measurable targets.
- University degree and three years experience assisting unemployed people with their job search
- Advanced level computer skills ‑ Windows, MS Office and Internet
- Strong knowledge of current job search strategies and tools ‑‑ electronic & alternative methods
- Knowledge about the GTA labour market
- Excellent group facilitation, communication and research skills
- Knowledge of employment related services and agencies in the community
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills; a strong team player
- Multi‑cultural sensitivity and the ability to work in a multi‑cultural and multi‑racial organization
- Provide orientation to the centre and the services provided
- Assess and refer clients to appropriate internal and external programs and services
- Maintain the operation of the Centre's computers and technical equipment
- Provide support and guidance to clients on current job search strategies, interview techniques as well as assist with resume and cover letter development
- Develop and deliver workshops / information sessions including but not limited to job search tools and strategies, career planning, apprenticeship training, mentorship, the Canadian workplace, Second Career, Workplace Safety, etc.
- Organize and steward guest speakers / information sessions and presentations that support the job search and training needs of clients
- Supervise clients in the resource centre and ensure that centre guidelines are followed
- Provide a supportive environment while encouraging client independence
- Instruct and support clients on proper usage of computers and Internet
- Develop and post opportunities for full-time, part-time and volunteer positions
- Maintain the job board and ensure that jobs are current, client appropriate and sufficient in numbers
- Ensure that jobs are posted on the YES website
- Maintain current information on job search strategies, education and training as well as community resources relevant to YES clients
- Provide feedback to front-line staff regarding client concerns
- Collect surveys on participants and compile statistical information on centre’s activities
- Adhere to and maintain outcomes and targets as set by YES
- Attend all staff meetings
- Other duties as required
- Adheres to all YES policies and procedures and ensures confidentially is maintained on client, personnel, financial and agency matters
- Represents YES at all times in a professional manner
- Participates in regular supervision meetings
- Works cooperatively with other team members
- Carries out any other duties, as required
Starting Salary: $50,292.30 with increase to $51,713.04 after 6 months
Position Type: Employment Resource Consultant, OPSEU Bargaining Unit Position
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the YES Accessibility policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm, Monday, November 30th, 2020
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. YES is an equal opportunity employer.