Employment Counsellor / Mentoring Coach - JVS Toronto
JVS Toronto is a registered charity in the social services sector providing career and employment services. Our employees make a difference affecting local communities by connecting jobseekers to employment and helping employers build their workforce in Toronto and York Region. Canada InfoNet is a Pan-Canadian online program offering pre-arrival services to internationally educated persons. It provides employment preparation, occupation specific mentoring and Canadian workplace culture support. Learn more about the good work we do by visiting our website at https://www.jvstoronto.org/pre-arrival/canada-infonet/.
Are you looking for meaningful work where you can make a noticeable difference in peoples’ lives? JVS Toronto will provide you with the opportunity to advance your career and give back to our community. To reward employees’ hard work, JVS Toronto offers a paid vacation allowance, health, vision, & dental benefits, an employee assistance program (EAP), and corporate discounts.
Employment Counsellor / Mentoring Coach, Job ID #8014
Full-time / 1 year contract with possibility of renewal / Starting ASAP / Keele & Finch
We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join our multi-lingual Canada InfoNet team. Acting as both a counsellor for international clients and coach for new mentors, this dynamic role requires effective organizational abilities and flexibility to remain client-focused while achieving program targets. We pride ourselves on supporting our overseas clients with their successful integration to Canadian labour force!
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Conduct intake and in-depth assessments online to determine client program eligibility and create Employment Action Plans
- Case manage clients, provide sector and province-specific labour market information
- Assist clients with resume building, conduct mock interviews via skype, and provide coaching to develop the clients’ skill set and knowledge; aid with adaptation to Canadian business culture
- Research and identify potential referral sources abroad, support establishing of referral arrangements and act as a liaison with referring agents
- Recruit mentors by leading information sessions and marketing the program via national outreach to employers, organizations, and social networks
- Screen and match mentors/mentees, conduct online mentor/mentee orientation and secure mentoring matches
- Case manage and monitor mentoring relationships to ensure mentee/mentor goals are met
- Gather and analyze participant evaluations after program completion
- Record and administer participant information/documentation collection
- Assist in tracking participants’ progress and outcomes and preparing monthly and other reports as required
Flexible hours / evenings / weekends may be required for this position.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Post Graduate Certificate in Career Counselling, Human Resources, Social Services, or related. International degrees must be evaluated for Canadian equivalency.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with newcomers
- Minimum of 2 years in a career counselling role
- Demonstrated knowledge of mentoring, settlement, and immigration
- Effective time management skills; experience managing a heavy caseload and are able to multi-task and shift focus based on business needs
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Computer literate; comfortable using new tools and technology
- A clear Police Vulnerable Sector check is required for this position
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Employment Ontario knowledge and exposure
- Fluency in a second language reflecting targeted outreach
- Awareness/knowledge of client challenges
- Effective research skills and knowledge of the Canadian labour market
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter ASAP here.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application, please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.