Employment Consultant (Various Locations) - ACCES Employment
1. Construction Trades Program
Contract to March 31, 2020 with Possibility of Extension
ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 34,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
We are looking for a skilled and career-oriented individual who thrives in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
The position of Employment Consultant is responsible for providing employment services for clients. The individual in this position will work in collaboration with the ACCES Employment Services team and will work closely with all community partner agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide culturally sensitive employment services including intake and assessment, one-to-one and group employment counseling and referrals.
- Facilitate workshops that will prepare clients to market themselves to employers and to find and maintain employment.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community organizations and partners to make appropriate referrals.
- Maintain an active caseload, including all file management responsibilities.
- Advocate on behalf of clients whenever necessary, including support in areas of employment, skills training, social assistance and equitable access to services.
- Meet monthly statistical requirements and maintain professional and effective information tracking systems on all activities performed.
- Conduct needs assessments and career testing in individual and/or group settings.
- Provide professional support to clients using ACCES resource services.
- Develop relationships with private and public sector employers in order to market ACCES services and clients and place clients in jobs.
- Participate fully and responsibly as an equal member of an employment consulting team.
- And other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A post-secondary education in Career and Work Counseling, Adult Education or a related field and/or 5 years directly related work experience.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-management skills to work effectively with clients, co-workers, outside agencies and employers.
- Thorough knowledge of all facets of job search and career development including an understanding of labour market trends and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct outreach\marketing of clients and services to employers.
- Demonstrated experience in case and file management.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience working in an MSOffice environment; familiarity with Internet and databases (Salesforce).
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours.
- Online experience is considered an asset.
- Previous experience in Trades is considered a strong asset.
- Familiarity with Bridging Program Modules is an asset.
- Fluency in a second language (Arabic) will be considered a strong asset.
Job status: Unionized
Contract Duration: To March 31, 2020 with Possibility of Extension
Salary: $52,865.67 per annum, prorated to contract duration
(As per Union salary grid)
Job Application Instructions
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
By Email: email@example.com
Candidates should state the position of interest in the subject of the email.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.