Employment Consultant (Multiple Locations) - ACCES Employment
Employment Consultant Openings:
1. Employment Consultant, START Customer Care Program, Scarborough Location - 1 Year Contract
- The START Program is designed to support immigrant women with pursuing careers in the customer care sector in Canada. This program provides participants with industry-recognized certifications, computer training, job search support and coaching.
2. Employment Consultant, Employment Services, Toronto Location - 1 Year Contract
3. Employment Consultant, Canadian Employment Connections, Toronto Location - 1 Year Contract
- Canadian Employment Connections (CEC) is a free pre-arrival employment program that offers virtual services to prepare internationally trained professionals for the Canadian job market.
4. Employment Consultant, Cybersecurity Connections, North York Location - 1 Year Contract
5. Employment Consultant, Engineering Connections, Mississauga Location - 1 Year Contract
ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 39,000 job seekers each year at seven locations across the Greater Toronto Area. As a not-for-profit and charitable organization, ACCES provides job search services entirely free-of-charge, connecting newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 30 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills and experience of Canada's population.
We are looking for people who thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
The position of Employment Consultant is responsible for providing employment services for clients. The individual in this position will work in collaboration with the ACCES Employment Services team and will work closely with all community partner agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide culturally sensitive employment services including intake and assessment, one-to-one and group employment counseling and referrals
- Facilitate workshops that will prepare clients to market themselves to employers and to find and maintain employment
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community organizations and partners to make appropriate referrals
- Maintain an active caseload, including all file management responsibilities
- Advocate on behalf of clients whenever necessary, including support in areas of employment, skills training, social assistance and equitable access to services
- Meet monthly statistical requirements and maintain professional and effective information tracking systems on all activities performed
- Conduct needs assessments and career testing in individual and/or group settings
- Provide professional support to clients using ACCES resource services
- Develop relationships with private and public sector employers in order to market ACCES services and clients and place clients in jobs
- Participate fully and responsibly as an equal member of an employment consulting team
- And other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- A post-secondary education in Career and Work Counseling, Adult Education or a related field and/or 5 years directly related work experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-management skills to work effectively with clients, co-workers, outside agencies and employers
- Thorough knowledge of all facets of job search and career development including an understanding of labour market trends and resources
- Demonstrated ability to conduct outreach\marketing of clients and services to employers
- Demonstrated experience in case and file management
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience working in an MSOffice environment; familiarity with online platforms and database management programs (ex. Salesforce)
- Online facilitation experience is considered an asset (in particular, experience with using Zoom, MS Teams, and Webex)
- Previous experience with Employment Ontario Programs is an asset
- Experience working with marginalized communities, including youth and newcomers who may be experiencing employment barriers is an asset
- Experience working with internationally trained/educated professionals is considered a strong asset
- Teaching English as a Second Language Certificate is an asset
- Fluency in a second language will be considered an asset
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours
Job status: Unionized
Salary: $53,394.33 per annum (as per Union salary grid), prorated to contract duration
Job Application Instructions
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should state the position of interest (indication the location and program) in the subject of the email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
Please Note: ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer, strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, people of colour or members of racialized communities, indigenous people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.