Employment Consultant - Entrepreneurship Connections® - ACCES Employment
Employment Consultant – Toronto
Entrepreneurship Connections® Pre-arrival (ECP) Program
1 Year Contract with Possibility of Extension
ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 34,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
We are looking for a skilled and career-oriented individual who thrives in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
The Employment Consultant will join the Entrepreneurship Connections® team, with a focus on our Pre-arrival services. The Entrepreneurship Connections® Pre-Arrival (ECP) program is designed for newcomers who plan to start a business in Canada. This innovative and informative program assists newcomers who have owned or operated a business outside of Canada to utilize their experience in the Canadian market. Our clients receive individual online coaching to start a business including developing a business plan, receiving legal consultation, and benefiting from the support of an established mentor.
Reporting to the Project Manager, Entrepreneurship Connections®, the Employment Consultant will utilize their skills in entrepreneurship and employment services to prepare clients to plan, launch and market their business in Canada. The duties and responsibilities for the Employment Consultant role are listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide culturally sensitive entrepreneurship and employment services including conducting intake and assessment, supporting clients to complete online learning materials, providing one-to-one business advising, and making targeted referrals to local resources where clients plan to live in Canada.
- Facilitate webinars that will prepare clients to plan, launch, and market their business.
- Prepare clients to market their business.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community organizations and partners to make appropriate referrals.
- Maintain an active caseload, including all file management responsibilities.
- Advocate on behalf of clients whenever necessary, including support in areas of entrepreneurship, skills training, social assistance and equitable access to services.
- Meet monthly statistical and reporting requirements and maintain professional and effective information tracking systems on all activities performed.
- Conduct individual needs assessments.
- Provide professional support to clients using ACCES resource services.
- Develop relationships with private and public sector employers in order to market ACCES services and clients.
- Participate fully and responsibly as an equal member of an employment consulting team.
- And other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant post-secondary education is required.
- 3 years’ or more of working in an online service delivery environment, including delivery of services, training and/or programs.
- Experience with learning management systems and other online tools.
- Experience in Career and Work Counseling, Adult Education or a related field is an asset.
- Understanding of labour market challenges and barriers, particularly as they relate to internationally trained professionals and newcomers.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-management skills to work effectively with clients, co-workers, outside agencies and employers.
- Thorough knowledge of all facets of job search and career development including an understanding of labour market trends and resources.
- Demonstrated experience in case and file management.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct outreach\marketing of clients and services.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience working in an MSOffice environment; familiarity with Internet and databases (SalesForce).
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours.
- Experience with mentoring.
- Experience supporting entrepreneurs will be considered an asset.
- Fluency in a second language (French / Arabic) will be considered a strong asset.
Job status: Unionized.
Contract Duration: 1 year contract with possibility of extension
Salary: $52,865.67 per annum (as per Union salary grid), prorated to contract duration
Job Application Instructions
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should state the position of interest in the subject of the email.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.