Employment Coach / Employment Counsellor - Agilec
Agilec is looking for dedicated, self-directed team members. We offer an excellent work environment and company benefits. Our mission is to help people and organizations develop their potential. The foundation of Agilec is our values. We have identified six core values that form our approach to serving clients, customers and each other:
Person Centred, Inclusiveness, Empowering, Team, Excellence, Integrity
Position: Employment Coach
Status: Full-time (32 Hours per week); Permanent Contract
Address: 250 Bayly Street West, Unit 19, Ajax, ON L1S 3V4
Working in an outcomes based environment, with set performance targets, the Employment Coach conducts assessments; provides support and coaching; and, develops and implements action plans that will best meet the participants’ needs and achieve a successful outcome in the most efficient manner.
- Completed post-secondary education in relevant field from a recognized Canadian Institute, or its equivalent.
- Certification or eligibility in one of the following: CCVP(F), CVP, CCRC, RRP, or CVE. an asset.
- Two years related experience in Human Services Field or other related field
- Employment case management and assessment
- Working in an employment counselling environment
- Working collaboratively with community partners and training providers
- Working with WSIB and/or ODSP candidates an asset
- Able to work with diverse group of participants and establish rapport quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication, comprehension, and active listening skills
- Interviewing skills, adjusting communication style dependent on participant personality and learning style
- Solution focused counselling skills
- Able to discuss barriers and employment maintenance issues with clients
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to motivate and empower others through coaching and positive feedback
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to coach and facilitate change
- Time management, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Motivational Interviewing is an asset
- French language is an asset
- Knowledge of disabling conditions and accommodations
- Understanding of rehabilitation, careers and occupations, various job requirements, job search skills, career planning and rehabilitation systems
- Current job search techniques and theories of career counselling
- Knowledge of motivational interviewing, coaching techniques and job placement
- Knowledge of community and government resources available to clients
- Knowledge of local and provincial labour markets
- Ethical decision-making
Hours and Duration:
Hours for this position will be 32 hours per week (subject to change).
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; Wednesdays open until 7:00 p.m. (subject to change)
Travel: Occasional travel may be required.
Hourly Rate: Employment Coach pay scale applies.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to the attention of Jacqueline Smith-Jordan, Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please place EC – Your Last Name- Ajax in the subject line of your email
Closing Date: October 11, 2019 at noon
Agilec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We accommodate disabilities during the selection process.
We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.