Employment Coach - Agilec
Agilec is looking for dedicated, self-directed team members. We offer an excellent work environment and company benefits. Our mission is to help people and organizations develop their potential. The foundation of Agilec is our values. We have identified six core values that form our approach to serving clients, customers and each other:
Person Centered, Inclusiveness, Empowering, Team, Excellence, Integrity
Position: Employment Coach
Status: Full Time
Location: 195 Wellington St. Unit 11, Bracebridge, ON P1L 1C2
Utilizing a client-centred approach, in this the Employment conducts intake/assessments and provides coaching support to develop and implement individualized action plans. The Employment Coach will work with candidates, employers, community partners, and/or trainers to develop strategies that remove barriers, resulting in successful outcomes.
- Completed post-secondary education in relevant field from a recognized Canadian Institute, or its equivalent
- Appropriate certifications, certificates, and/or training relevant to the field
- Certification, or eligibility in one of the following: CVRP, RTWDM, RVP, or CCDP an asset
- Two years related experience
- Employment in case management, counselling, and/or assessment roles
- Collaborative work with community partners, employers, and training providers
- Support to people with disabilities or barriers to employment, including individuals referred from WSIB and/or ODSP programs
- Experience working with new immigrants and those identifying disabilities or other barriers to employment
- Effective interpersonal, communication, comprehension, and active listening skills
- Interview skills ability to adjust communication style dependent on participant personality and learning style
- Solution-focused coaching skills
- Discuss barriers, employment maintenance issues, and provide honest feedback
- Conflict resolution
- Ability to motivate and empower others through coaching and feedback
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Time management, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Motivational Interviewing and change facilitation is an asset, internal training provided
- French language is an asset
- Knowledge of disabling conditions and accommodations
- Understanding of careers and occupations, various job requirements, job search techniques, career planning/counselling, and vocational rehabilitation
- Knowledge of community and government resources available
- Knowledge of local, regional, and provincial labour markets
- Ethical decision-making
Hours and Duration: 40 hours per week during hours of operation. Extended hours of operation are required.
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Will be required to travel within or outside of regular working hours to meetings and community events, training, seminars, or to work in other locations
- Use of personal auto and valid driver’s license are required; supplemental business insurance may be required. Mileage is compensated for use of personal vehicle for work-related purposes.
Hourly Rate: Employment Coach pay scale applies.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to the attention of Julie Crate, Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include EC – Your Last Name – Bracebridge in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: May 18, 2021 at noon
Agilec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We accommodate disabilities during the selection process.
We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.