Employer Services Coordinator (Job Developer) - Employment Hamilton
Employment Hamilton has been delivering employment and training services to clients and employers since 1972. Funded by Employment Ontario, EH offers Employment Counselling, a large Resource and Information Centre, Second Career, Canada-Ontario Job Grant and other programs / services. We operate on a continuous improvement model in every facet of our services. EH prides itself on providing superior service in a welcoming environment that promotes integrity and respect.
Market employer services and our diverse client base to the business community. Build and maintain relationships to connect clients with employers. Provide follow-up support to employers and clients to maximize job retention.
- Working closely with our team, understand client and organizational goals to develop / implement appropriate strategies
- Research, contact and meet with employers to build relationships, generate job leads / market individual clients in line with organizational goals/service targets and provide HR tools / supports
- Receive and assess referrals from external and internal sources
- Develop, monitor and assist employers with Training Plans. Negotiate training contracts for work placements and link employers with other subsidies / grants and human resource needs
- Provide information on all government programs, complete training plans and placement agreements
- Assist other program staff as required
- Meet with clients to conduct mock interviews and referral assessments, providing feedback/solutions to both job seekers and counsellors
- Maintain employer database, use Ministry software for data entry/queries, document employer files, monitor client progress and maintain data for reports
- Create and post job leads with the EH team, online job board and external partners as appropriate
- Represent Employment Hamilton at community events / service coordination groups, advisory groups, etc.
- Plan, implement and evaluate overall marketing strategies to meet organization goals
- Cross-train across the organization to provide back-up support in the Resource Centre on occasional Tuesday evenings and workshop facilitation
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of workplace legislation, HR resources and other tools for businesses
- Assess worksites for safety and effective training capacity
- Troubleshoot and problem solves workplace issues with employers and clients
- Strong “people person” with a sincere interest in advocating for of our clients
- Highly motivated self-starter with outstanding relationship building capabilities
- Motivated to expand skillset and participate in skills development training
- Creative thinker who can present and implement new ideas / concepts
- Demonstrated experience to effectively market EH services in person and over the phone and achieve service targets
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, customer service, coaching, negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment with limited supervision
- Advanced communication / writing skills, sound decision making and judgement
- Knowledge of business, sectors, occupations and Hamilton’s labour market
- Flexible and supportive team member
- Resourceful with excellent time management skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Office
- Unlimited access to use of a vehicle (free parking provided at EH)
- Ability to occasionally work outside usual office hours
Our emphasis is on a good match with the objectives and philosophies of Employment Hamilton. If you can successfully and professionally carry out the responsibilities listed above and welcome the opportunity to achieve our organizational goals, we would like to hear from you.
Interested candidates who possess the above qualifications, have good judgment and are empathetic to the unemployed are invited to apply.
- Email your letter and resume in ONE PDF attachment to HR@EmploymentHamilton.com
Use the subject line – “Employer Services Coordinator”
- In order to be considered, your letter MUST include your WEEKLY salary expectations. Please indicate your available start date. EH is a not-for-profit organization. We offer a comprehensive benefits package after 4 months. Usual week is 35.5 hours. Mon-Friday with occasional Tuesday evenings.
Resumes will be reviewed as they arrive. Position may be filled earlier than application deadline of Aug 29 Anticipated start date is approximately Sept 3. No phone call or email queries.
To be considered for employment, a satisfactory Police Criminal Record / Vulnerable Sector Search is required. Accessibility accommodations are available for the recruitment process upon request. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation. Employment Hamilton is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants but only those considered will be contacted.