Employer Services Consultant - The Career Foundation
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Since its inception in 1988, The Career Foundation has steadily expanded its services. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. The Career Foundation receives funding from Employment Ontario, Service Canada, and private sector companies. For more information please visit our website at www.CareerFoundation.com.
The Career Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment for all. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the people we proudly serve, including, but not limited to, visible minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and individuals of all genders and sexual orientation. The Career Foundation, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
We are a professional, result-driven organization that has been described by our employees as caring, compassionate, innovative and team-oriented.
We also offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A comprehensive health benefits plan that includes massage therapy, naturopath services, and travel coverage
- An Employee & Family Assistance Program
- An RRSP matching plan
- A wellness program
Position Type: One full-time 1-year contract (good possibility of renewal)
Experience: 2+ years
Number of Positions: 1
Location: Toronto (Lawrence/Allen Expressway)
Start Date: Immediately
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Develops 2-3 new relationships with employers each week
- Assists employers with identifying their employment and training needs and conducts site visits to ensure that employers can provide suitable and safe workplace environments
- Negotiates and administers placement agreements and employer incentives (wage subsidy, on-the-job training)
- Serves as a resource for employers and advises them on human resources and other employment related issues
- Informs employers about and promotes fee-for-service/fundraising projects at The Career Foundation
- Maintains ongoing relationships with employers and engages them in the development of clients and The Career Foundation
- Places a minimum of 3-4 participants into fulltime employment through advertised and non-advertised job leads on a weekly basis
- Coaches and motivates participants during their job search and after placement to ensure job retention by identifying areas that require additional support and/or learning
- Ensures the quality of the placements by appropriately matching the candidates’ skills with the job requirements
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the positions that participants are applying for and clarifies questions participants may have
- Plans and participates in community events concerning employment, education and career development
- Coordinates and conducts marketing and outreach activities to youth job seekers, youth friendly employers, associations and sectors
- Initiates and maintains accurate documentation of contacted employers, job leads and any other job development activities for information retrieval
- Maintains an Employer Database with accurate notes regarding client interviews, current recruitment status and job development activities.
Other Duties as Needed:
- Participates in community events, job fairs and similar activities to inform job seekers about The Career Foundation
- Visits and builds relationships with community partners (libraries, community centers, Toronto Community Housing, etc.) for referrals of participants
- Conducts workshops to instruct participants on effective job search strategies (cold calling, job posting analysis, salary negotiation, etc.)
- Participates in regular fundraising activities for The Career Foundation
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- College Diploma or University Degree in Career and Work Counselling, Human Resources, Marketing, Business Development or related
- Experience in sector-specific business development with a focus on the retail, customer service and hospitality sectors
- A minimum of 2 years direct service experience in the areas of job development and job coaching, or marketing or business development
- Vocational counselling/placement experience with multi-barriered individuals will be considered a strong asset
- Knowledge of local labour market, job search strategies and techniques
- Understanding of, and ability to effectively apply the principles of the sales process to generate job leads and secure positions for clients
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven record of demonstrating tact and diplomacy when facing challenging situations
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends if required
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle is essential for local travel.
How to Apply: Candidates, please submit cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to The Hiring Committee. Quote the job title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest in The Career Foundation.