Employer Liaison - Persons with Disability - Achēv
At Achev, we believe that everyone deserves an equal opportunity to build a better life and a successful future. For more than 30 years, we have dedicated ourselves to helping diverse Canadians and newcomers achieve their full potential. Today, we are one of the largest providers of employment, newcomer, language, and youth services in the Greater Toronto Area. Our dedicated team of nearly 400 staff delivers a wide range of innovative, high-quality, and personalized programs and services that empower our clients to prosper and our communities to thrive.
We thrive in a OneAchev culture where collaboration and an integrated service delivery will positively impact Achev’s resiliency, agility, success, and growth.
Join us in helping diverse Canadians and newcomers achieve their full potential!
Achev’s latest Impact Report: www.Achev.ca
Employer Liaison, Persons with Disability, under the Job Search Assisted Component of Specialized Employment Services (ES) will focus on assisting individuals who are in receipt of ODSP or self-identify as a person with a disability, who require an experiential placement to match their skills and interests with employment opportunities and employer needs through the Job Matching and Placement Component of Employment Services (ES) including training incentives and supports. The Employer Liaison may also provide Job Retention assistance, for those clients who need additional coaching and mentoring in order to maintain employment or to make the next step on their career path. The Employer Liaison role may be required to provide part or all aspects of the Assisted Services model.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Matching and Placement
- Assist in matching individuals who are unlikely to succeed in conducting their own job search, even with support due to disability/ies/other barriers to their employment, according to their skills and interests with work opportunities.
- Facilitate work opportunities and negotiation of employment relationships on behalf of clients including placement agreements and contracts with individuals and employers that include training objectives and commitments and financial incentives.
- Set up experiential or on the job training for individual participants with employers including volunteer, job test and hire, work experience and on the job training opportunities.
- Develop a training plan with the employer and the participant and negotiate the incentive as appropriate.
- Provide financial support to remove barriers to participation.
- Conduct outreach to employers to identify opportunities and promoted job matching and placement support.
- Ensure that employers meet all eligibility criteria, conduct at least one site visit per employers prior to placements to confirm a suitable and safe work environment.
- Where necessary, provide employers with sensitivity/diversity training, workplace safety training and information on accommodation needs.
- Conduct monitors and provide coaching and support during the placement including identifying and resolving workplace issues that may affect participant success both during and after the placement.
- Administer contract with employers, including the timely processing and payment of financial incentives.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- For those individuals who need enhanced support when an on-the-job placement, employment and or advancement are unlikely without further assistance - develop a resource pool of mentors/coaches to support.
- Identify those in need for additional support with individuals and or the employer as appropriate.
- Develop support plans with the individual the mentor/coach and the employer as is appropriate.
- Link participants with mentors and coaches to provide support during and after the job placement.
- Monitor the mentor/coach relationship and its impact on workplace success, facilitating adjustments as required.
- Provide documentation of a clear rationale to support the participant accessing the job retention part of the ES service including the service plan and any preliminary work done that supports the clients need for retention services.
- Facilitate structured and individualized support for conducting successful job search to individuals in a group setting or individually.
- Provide career exploration, identification and clarification of interests, abilities, skills, education and experience in relation to short- and long-term career and employment goals in a group or individual setting.
- Facilitate an orientation to the workplace- rules and expectations of employers, rights and responsibilities of employers & Canadian workplace culture.
- Provide counselling and coaching in life skills that support successful employment.
- Support individuals for disclosure of disabilities that may affect employment participation.
- Preparation of job search tools including resumes and applications, interview and job search strategies, school and training record
- Provide support to client in assessing their qualifications against job requirements.
- Provide information about and access to professional accreditation, language credentials and prior learning assessments.
- Support mentoring and coaching during the job search process.
- Provide supported referral and access to other services including but not limited to education & training.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- All aspects of the Employer Liaison positions will utilize the EOIS system for tracking clients, conducting follow up and recording activities.
- Employer Liaison will liaise with Client Service Planning and Coordinator for updating individual action plans and supports.
- Provide assistance to both Resource and Information or to other areas of the ES delivery model as required.
- Flexibility to deliver all aspects of the ES model as required.
- University Degree or related College Diploma or demonstrated skills and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in some or all aspects of Job Search, Job Placement and Incentives or Job Retention including employment/coaching.
- Experience facilitating job search related sessions with knowledge of current job search techniques and assessment tools in a group setting to adult learners.
- Demonstrated experience with the Employment Ontario and/or Ontario Job Connect program is an asset.
- Excellent understanding of job search strategies, career counselling and experience facilitating full time job search sessions
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups with disabilities – including adults, youth, newcomers to Canada or other groups with specialized needs.
- Demonstrated understanding of community resources, programs and services
- Ability to administer and interpret Level B tests /psychological instruments, Personality Dimensions, MBTI, COP System or Life Skills Certification an asset.
- Goal oriented highly organized and flexible and adaptable: with superior time management skills.
- Computer literate and internet experience and familiar with using career resources including computerized assessment tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Strong presentation/facilitating and one to one coaching skills.
- Ability to deliver service in both official languages (English/French) or other languages is considered an asset.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends or split shifts as necessary.
- Access to a reliable vehicle and a Drivers License is mandatory as travel within the Region of York and surrounding areas is required.
We’re looking to welcome people to our diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier-free. So, if you’re excited about this role or another one, please apply on our website - www.achev.ca.
Additional InformationPosition Will Report to (Manager Info): Manager, Employment Services
Criminal Record Check Required? (Y/N):Yes
- Annual Salary/Hourly Rate: $51,876.00
Job Start Date: