eLearning Development Specialist - Articulate Storyline 360 (Contract role)
About Our Family of Companies:
Over the past 25 years, CharityVillage has become the leading knowledge hub and career resource exclusively serving and supporting the nonprofit and charitable sectors across Canada. Today, we are the sector's most popular online resource for recruiting, news, and how-to information through our eLearning courses, our webinar series and weekly newsletters.
TalentEgg is Canada’s leading career resource for students, new grads, and early career professionals. We help candidates navigate the school to work transition through content, social media channels, and job search resources that connect them to Canada’s leading employers. Our services for employers are designed to support their attraction of top candidates on-campus and those just embarking on their career path including optimized employer profiles, targeted marketing and employer branding services, and lending our deep expertise in campus recruitment to support their talent acquisition strategy.
Our eLearning practice is growing to meet the needs of the various sectors we service in Canada. Our team has successfully delivered eLearning content across Canada and is incredibly passionate about developing next generation eLearning content anchored by best practices in learning technology, emerging topics in our sectors, and cutting-edge trends.
We are seeking a dynamic and skilled eLearning course developer who possesses extensive experience in utilizing the Articulate 360 software platform to create eLearning courseware for both CharityVillage and TalentEgg.
Strong time management skills and a passion for learning development and technology related platforms are a must. This role will bring course content and materials which have already been developed to life through development in Articulate 360 and produce a contemporary, engaging, and learner centric eLearning experience.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Transform existing course content and materials developed by SMEs into interactive courses that are consistent with our branding, learning experience and approach, including the creation of interactive exercises, quizzes, tests, and reinforcement tools
- Proofread and edit for style consistency, logic, organization, and rationale in the development of content
- Utilize the Articulate Storyline 360 software platform for all course production work
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail: developing materials that are consistent in style and branding, error free, and in keeping with best practices in accessibility and learning technology
- Manage multiple priorities and projects effectively, tracking hours allotted to each project and meeting deadlines (which at times, maybe tight).
- Work collaboratively with leadership and internal SME to define scope, timelines, review process, and priorities for each project. Develop strong working relationships and communicate effectively with team members across both companies
- Contribute to special projects as required
- Superior communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Articulate Storyline 360, PowerPoint, Design Tools (e.g. Canva, Adobe Suite), and learning management systems
- Strong knowledge and experience in eLearning development, learning technologies, and adult education
- Skilled in designing creative learning solutions and developing them using Articulate Storyline 360 - 2+ years of experience is an asset
- Capable of working effectively to a timeline and budget
- Located in Canada
Additional Requirements for this Remote Role
- A stable internet connection that can support seamless video and audio conferencing
- Availability during set hours to be determined by a team lead
- Quiet office setting to conduct work or attend meetings
- Undergraduate degree, diploma or post-graduate certificate in E-learning, Adult Education, Learning Design, Web/UX Design, Media Studies, Graphic Design or a related field
Contract Position: Hourly Rate of $23.00 - $28.00/hr depending on background and experience
Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
CharityVillage and TalentEgg welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation, and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. CharityVillage and TalentEgg are committed to employment equity and diversity and a positive and supportive environment.