Editor, Photographers Without Borders - Photographers Without Borders
Our Editor at PWB manages a team of journalists and works closely with the Curator and Graphic Designer. The Editor also oversees the production, print and distribution of the print magazine. The Editor assigns stories to the journalists and ensures they adhere to PWB's standards of quality and ethics and content review protocol before publishing in the online magazine and print magazine. The Editor will also:
- Facilitate, review and publish 10-13 articles per print magazine edition and 2-3 articles per week for the online magazine.
- Work closely with the Online Editor to ensure goals are being met and are in alignment with the overall content strategy.
- Adhere to brand vision and style guide as well as current international development terms; all articles should demonstrate an anti-oppressive, ally-oriented framework that inspires, encourages thought, or leaves one with a sense of empowerment.
- Edit copy for grammar, punctuation, tone, PC remarks, inappropriate captions or terminologies.
- Publish stories and communicate with Marketing team to ensure coverage on social media as well as share published stories with Storytellers and give them instructions for sharing.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Volunteer position.
- Approximately 10-15 hours per week.
- Must attend mandatory weekly meetings each Wednesday at 6:00pm.
Interested applicants, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume.