EarlyON - Aboriginal Child and Youth Worker - Native Child and Family Services of Toronto
Hours: 35 hrs/wk.
Rate: $38,855- $63,372
Location: Indigenous Child and Family Centre (East, West)
NCFST is committed to staffing a workforce representative of the Indigenous population we serve. We encourage First Nations, Metis and Inuit applicants to apply and please self-identify in their cover letter.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Indigenous Child and Family Life Center, the Child and Youth Worker will perform outreach to and engage at-risk Indigenous youth and link with the appropriate programming and community resources.
- Reach out to and engage at-risk Aboriginal children, youth and families with children 0-6 years of age which promotes competency and resilience.
- Develop programs and community outreach to children, youth and families.
- Provide a range of outreach/referral services.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external resources, partnerships with community groups.
- Work collaboratively with the children, youth, caregivers and other stakeholders in the community to develop service delivery plans that ensure access to services and opportunities for healthy development.
- Engage caregivers through existing community groups and provide education, information on issues related to parenting etc.
- Participate in activities and oversee the smooth running of programs and maintain an accurate, up-to-date written reports as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for
- Post-secondary education in Child and Youth Work and 1 year experience
- Alternatively, an equivalent combination of education and experience working with Indigenous children and youth will be considered
- Understanding of the unique dynamics that exist within the First Nations, Inuit, and Métis cultures
- Knowledge of social risk factors in relation to high-priority neighbourhoods and the Urban Aboriginal community
- Knowledge and skills in the delivery of group programs and workshops
- Excellent organizational, oral/verbal/written communication skills; initiative and respect for confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, to maintain effective communication and working relationships.
- Pass a vulnerable police records check
- This position requires the ability to work evenings and weekends
- Access to a car is an asset
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please apply by email on or before September 19, 2019 to
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number #19-09-01
We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, NCFST will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.