Drop-in Services Lead Coordinator - Weston King Neighbourhood Centre
Drop-in Services Lead Coordinator
Senior Manager of Operations
Full-time Position (37.5hrs/week) shifts vary and could include weekends and Statutory Holidays
$43, 500.00 annually
WESTON KING NEIGHBOURHOOD CENTRE (2017 Weston Road & 1269 Weston Road)
WKNC’S Drop-In Services geared to individuals who are homeless, socially isolated or living in poverty. Program participants have access to housing assistance, nutritious food programs, harm reduction services, showers & laundry as well as various social programs. The Mount Dennis Neighbourhood Centre also provides social enterprise initiatives focused on sustainability for our fully inclusive commercial community kitchen, communal dining and cooking programs. In addition, Weston King Neighbourhood Centre places a high value on lived experiences. Personal experience with poverty, unemployment, homelessness, disabilities and/or similar challenges are considered as assets.
The Drop-in Services Lead Coordinator will report directly to the Senior Manager of Operations and will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the drop-in programs and services for both sites (Weston King & Mount Dennis), ensuring all client engaged and partner programs are being run effectively and efficiently with financial accountability.
The Drop-in Services Lead Coordinator will be responsible for the coordinating, facilitating, planning, and implementing of the drop-in’s programs/services for both sites, and supervising the assigned staff, volunteers, students, and participants.
The position will include evaluating employee performance, assessing program effectiveness, updating job descriptions, managing schedules and preparing recommendations to the board on organization structure.
The successful candidate will ensure that there is a continued focus on building strong relationships with key stakeholders including funders, community members and multiple levels of government partners. The selected candidate must have strong financial acumen and budget management experience, good verbal and computer communication skills, as well as proven experience in poverty reduction advocacy
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the day to day of the Drop-in program, ensuring all client engaged and partner programs are being run effectively and efficiently with financial accountability
- Implement and facilitate community based programs and services that are geared to the needs of the Weston/Mount Dennis Community and populations served
- Ensures the overall operation of the site is fully inclusive and mission driven
- Collaborates with management, staff, board and volunteers to develop work plans, budgets, and partnerships
- Supervises, manages, evaluates, and supports the Staff, Volunteers and Students
- Contributes and attends to partnership and team meetings
- Provides Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly Reports
- Encourages and regularly reports on participant/staff feedback regarding programs and activities
- Recommends and advises on improvements to operational policies and procedures
- Participates in operational, fundraising and internal committee meetings and external meetings as requested
- Participates in all organizational strategic reviews as requested
- Supervises and maintains up to date and confidential information
- Ensure client confidentiality is maintained and train staff to adhere to all Policies and Procedures of organization
- Identifies, evaluates and reports to Senior Manager all risks to assets, property, finances and goodwill
- Implements sound decisions to control risks, ensuring all Health and Safety Regulations for worksites are met
- Coordinates Staff/Volunteers to outreach to partner and local agencies as it relates to current programming
- Encourages the development of and participation in the networks of service providers, community development and advocacy initiatives, including attending regular meetings of the TDIN
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- 3-5 years in a drop-In program (TDIN), arts and/or communal dining environment
- Proven communication skills – both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
- Understanding issues of extreme poverty, homelessness, substance use and mental health/wellness
- An Interest and proven track record in community development, social enterprise and/or program evaluation
- Ability to work alongside, motivate and empower staff, volunteers and Board
- Good understanding of finances of small to medium non-profit organizations
- Knowledge of the Weston / Mount Dennis Communities would be an asset
- Proven Social Enterprise Experience would be an asset
Education & Training:
- University Degree in Social Work or Equivalent
- Provide a Clear Police Records Check (Vulnerable sector)
- Crisis Prevention Intervention, Restorative Justice and Conflict Resolution training
- Proven Supervision/Leadership skills training
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to our organization, please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and Reference DSLC21-APPLICATION in the subject line.
Weston King Neighbourhood Centre / Mount Dennis Neighbourhood Centre is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Potential Start Date: April 1/ 2021
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.