Drop-In Financial Trustee Program Administrator - Evangel Hall Mission
Position: Drop-In Financial Turstee Porgram Administrator
Number of Position: 1, permanent full-time
Hours: Weekdays, 8am-4pm, 37.5 hours per week
Reports To: Manager, Drop-In
Job Posting Application Closing Date: August 20, 2020 at midnight
A Financial Trustee Program Administrator provides money management and trustee services. Your primary goal is to assist clients to maintain housing by ensuring their money is managed to pay rent on time and your secondary goal is to assist participants with their day to day banking and budgeting needs. You will be helping people with little to no financial literacy make good money management decisions. This program provides extensive one-to-one office and telephone supports to assist participants in identifying and achieving goals. You will liaise with partner agencies, landlords, health care providers, income supports, housing providers and community services to support clients with their financial needs.
Since 1913, ehm has been providing support services to individuals and families who are homeless, under housed, and/or who have experienced trauma, mental health issues and addictions, in the downtown core. It is a Presbyterian Mission that welcomes and serves people of all faiths, genders, orientation, ethno cultural background and life experiences.
- Conduct intake and assessment interviews with participants
- Provide voluntary financial trusteeship for program participants, including arranging appropriate benefits and entitlements from OW, ODSP, pensions, etc. Assist participants with access to income and financial management as required
- Provide one-to-one assistance, case management and life skills education. Provide detailed assessment, support planning and advocacy
- Work with participants to identify and to achieve goals related to their finances
- Use QuickBooks to record day to day financial transactions
- Verify that all data entry is accurate and liaise with our Finance Department to perform monthly reconciliations of accounts
- Support housing issues (rent payment, housing standards, etc) and liaise with landlords as required
- Form positive relationships and strong partnerships with partner agencies
- Support other drop-in functions when needed. Help prevent and appropriately handle crisis. Ensure the peace and safety of drop-in participants, volunteers and staff
- Connect participants with supports in the community that will help them achieve and maintain stability
- Maintain accurate case management records and complete all reporting requirements
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to. Work with the trustee team to review all policies and procedures to ensure that we are meeting best practices
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent data entry and record keeping skills
- Strong commitment to anti-oppressive practice
- Ability to perform tasks according to assigned deadlines
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly proficient in QuickBooks or similar accounting software and the ability to use Excel functions including tables and other basic functions
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in social services, the social sciences or related field, related work experience – anyone with bookkeeping experience strongly encouraged to apply
- At least two years of related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide non-judgemental support to participants from diverse ethnocultural backgrounds, socio-economic status and sexual orientation
- Experience working with clients who have been homeless, live with addictions and/or mental health illnesses
- Working knowledge of government support programs such as OW, ODSP and CPP
- Working knowledge of financial planning
Please submit your resume and cover letter via Charity Village. Please reference job posting 1913 – Trustee Program Administrator in your Cover Letter. In your cover letter please highlight your experience with data entry.
Please submit both the Cover Letter and Resume as one pdf document.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. EHM is committed to employment equity and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. All responses will be handled with strict confidence. No phone calls or emails please.