Donorcare and Database Manager - Stephen Lewis Foundation
DONORCARE & DATABASE MANAGER (internal-external)
The Stephen Lewis Foundation (SLF) is a dynamic, collaborative, feminist organization with an unwavering commitment to supporting grassroots organizations across Africa in countries hardest hit by the AIDS pandemic. The work unfolding in these communities is groundbreaking, as lives are rebuilt, rights are reclaimed and resilience re-forged. We are passionately committed to our partnerships and this model of working is infused into the fabric of our day-to-day work.
The Stephen Lewis Foundation partners with community-based organizations that are turning the tide of the HIV and AIDS pandemic in sub-Saharan Africa by providing care and support to women, orphaned children, grandmothers, LGBTIQ communities, and people living with HIV and AIDS. Since 2003, the SLF has funded over 1800 initiatives, partnering with more than 325 community-based organizations.
The Donorcare and Database Manager provides day-to-day leadership, effective process management coaching, and support for the Donorcare team to ensure all donations are processed accurately and efficiently. As a member of the Donorcare team, the Donorcare and Database Manager will work collaboratively with their team and other departments to identify potential issues that would affect the team’s processes and develop solutions with a goal of achieving the most successful outcome for all stakeholders. As Database Manager, the person in this role will maintain the Raiser’s Edge database performance, setting controls and standards, and troubleshooting problems with the data or system.
This is a full-time position, based in our downtown Toronto office.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Day-to-day management of the Donorcare Team
- Oversee the end-to-end processing of donations and ensure they are processed accurately and within pre-established timelines and protocols
- Provide excellent donor care to all of our supporters
- Cultivate a high-performing team through informal methods, such as regular feedback and coaching, as well as the formal performance appraisal process
- Support the fundraising efforts of the organization; seeking opportunities to improve initiatives and refine donor stewardship efforts
- Provide knowledge and expertise in donor administration systems to continuously improve on processes
- Serve as the primary liaison for donations processing-related issues for all stakeholders
- Provide expertise and support to all teams in the organization as it pertains to donations processing
- Flag problems, or potential problems, to the Senior Director of Operations and/or Director of Finance to ensure they are reviewed and resolved quickly
- Work with the Finance & Accounting Manager to meet internal deadlines
- Assist in preparation and completion of the annual audit
- Other tasks as assigned
- Develop procedures, policies, and controls to secure the database, informing senior management about system problems, and working with IT support to upgrade the software as necessary.
- Maintain and ensure the quality (accuracy, integrity, consistency) of all data in Raiser’s Edge database by providing training, recommendations, advice and best practice process improvements to RE users including standardization of database procedures and coding; implementing routine cleaning and data repair procedures, including verification of donor records; managing all database users access rights.
- Manage/oversee data imports and verification of data to the Raiser’s Edge database (e.g. Mailchimp donor email lists, event participants and invites, donor data from events), including working in collaboration with RE users to determine the Foundation’s needs related to data imports; coordinating data collection.
- Work in close collaboration with all Raiser’s Edge users, identify each team’s needs of the RE database (e.g. data and revenue performance analysis, decision-making, supporting donor stewardship and relationship building, tracking and reporting), make recommendations on best practices (e.g. standardized system wide user procedures, data formats, data entry rules, donor record management, segmentation, coding and attributes); contribute to decision making and ensure that agreed upon recommendations are implemented.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Operations to ensure that all processes adhere to the Canada Revenue Agency’s regulations and compliance with all donor privacy legislation, credit card industry PCI Compliance standards, accounting standards, Foundation policies and internal controls are maintained and followed at all times.
- Manage all tax receipt and acknowledgment letter templates and tax receipt stack numbering in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Work in collaboration with Finance team members to ensure that all revenue data is exported from the Raiser’s Edge database no later than the 15th of each month for the previous month, for monthly reconciliation procedures and financial statement preparation.
- In collaboration with the Donations Coordinators, ensure all monthly donor annual, consolidated income tax receipts are issued accurately each year, no later than February 28th
- On an ongoing basis, ensure all documentation of database procedures, standards and technical manuals relevant to this position and its related tasks is updated and where appropriate communicated
- Inform the Senior Director of Operations of any potential issues that emerge, discrepancies, or database irregularities
- 3-5 years of relevant management experience in a Donations Processing/Donorcare team, including experience supervising and coaching an effective, highly interdependent team
- Post-secondary degree in a related field is an asset or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expert knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is required, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge certification is an asset
- Experience working with third-party vendors, e.g. online fundraising platforms, payment gateways, IT support
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changing administrative and financial systems, with a commitment to process improvement.
- Very high attention to detail, manage multiple tasks and details simultaneously
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Working with the highest level of trust and responsibility, maintain confidentiality of private data
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Personal commitment to the values of feminism, anti-racism, anti-colonialism, social justice, solidarity, and gender equality.
Reports to: Senior Director of Operations
Those wishing to apply please send your resume and cover letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “Donations Processing and Database Manager” in the email subject line.
The closing date for this position August 14, 2020 at midnight.
Please do not call or email the Foundation about this posting. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that due to COVID-19 the recruitment process will be conducted virtually via-zoom meetings.
The Stephen Lewis Foundation promotes feminist and anti-oppression principles. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
The Stephen Lewis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest.