Donor Relations Manager - One Girl Can
One Girl Can is a Canadian and Kenyan registered charitable organization that is based in Vancouver. Through education, we aim to create gender parity for girls in Kenya.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Donor Relations Manager to join our team.
One Girl Can harness her power
Educating girls is one of the fastest and most effective ways of promoting global economic development, as well as the key to ultimately ending poverty and injustice for women.
We create opportunity for young women through a holistic model of education, mentorship and training.
We fund high school and university scholarships for girls and young women. We build and renovate schools to create safe spaces to study.
From goal setting and leadership training to one-on-one mentorship, we help build confidence and support systems for each student.
We connect students with employment through professional and entrepreneurial training, networking and internships.
The opportunity for you
We are excited to have a Donor Relations Manager join our dedicated and fast-growing team. Entrepreneurially minded, we are a results-oriented, non-profit organization that is driven to impact change.
You will be responsible for providing coordination and comprehensive administrative support in the execution of stewardship activities and programs, executing grant writing and plays and active role in donor relations and fund development activities.
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, you will support in developing and implementing donor stewardship strategies and tactics, while maintaining our database and optimizing reporting functionality. Your responsibilities will include:
1. Donor Relations and Stewardship
- Work closely with the Director of Philanthropy and the Marketing Manager to create, discuss and develop cultivation and stewardship initiatives, including execution of fundraising and stewardship strategies and programs, and segmented donor stewardship plans to maximize revenue opportunities
- Manage all aspects of the sponsorship program, including pairing prospective sponsors with an approved new student, stewarding the annual renewal of the sponsorship, coordinating semi-annual personalized correspondence between sponsors and students, and managing interns to help facilitate the exchange of correspondence.
2. Fundraising Implementation, Grant Writing & Reporting
- Work with the Director of Philanthropy and Executive Director to prepare correspondence, gift agreements, stewardship reports and other materials based on the current case for support.
3. Coordinating Fundraising Events
- Provide support and assistance to One Girl Can fundraising events and annual leadership conference in Nairobi
What you offer
- Experience in a non-profit organization with preference for experience in donor relations and stewardship.
- Demonstrated writing skills; donor communication and grant writing an asset
- Completion of Fundraising Management and/or International Development Program degree or diploma
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a high-paced administrative role
- Exceptional computer literacy skills, specifically donor database systems (Salesforce) and peer to peer fundraising (Fundrazr), Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and some proficiency with prospect research tools
- Clear and valid BC driver’s licence and access to a vehicle an asset