Donor Relations Assistant - Oxfam Canada
Internal/External Posting Notice
Title: Donor Relations Assistant
Department: Fund Development
Status: Full-time, unionized
Location: Ottawa, ON
Immediate Supervisor: Manager, Annual Giving
Salary: $51,636.73 - $67,950.39
Level: Band 1
Deadline to apply: May 12, 2021
Oxfam Canada is an affiliate of the international Oxfam Confederation networked in over 90 countries as part of a global movement for change. Our mission is to build lasting solutions to poverty and injustice with a focus on improving the lives and promoting the rights of women and girls. We work directly with communities, partners and women's rights organizations to challenge the systems that perpetuate inequality and keep people poor. Together we seek to influence those in power to ensure that women trapped in poverty have a say in the critical decisions that affect them, their families and entire communities. That’s why we believe that ending global poverty begins with women’s rights.
Oxfam Canada offers a generous compensation and benefits program, but more than that, we offer the opportunity to be a part of our global movement for change. If you advocate for gender equality, are passionate about women’s rights, and share our values of Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness – we want you on our team!
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Donor Relations Assistant (DRA) is responsible for providing excellent donor support and gift processing services to thousands of Oxfam supporters across the country. The DRA will work directly with members of the Marketing and Fund Development team to support assigned gift processing and donor services. There are two members in the Donor Relations team.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (This is not an exhaustive list of duties to be performed)
Gift Processing & Acknowledgement:
- Ensure timely processing of all gifts received from various channels – this includes opening, sorting, batching, coding, and entering donations.
- Balance and verify gift entry, prepare, print and securely file donation processing reports
- Prepare and prints donor acknowledgement letters
- Ensure official income tax receipts for donations are issued in accordance to Canada Revenue Agency and Oxfam Canada tax receipting guidelines
- Ensure tax receipts and acknowledgement letters are mailed on a timely basis
- Prepare and completes bank for deposit and print reports to verify deposit amounts
- Complete gift adjustments process as required.
- Provide excellent, courteous and timely customer service – in-person, over the phone or through electronic communication – to all donors and potential donors.
- Personally handles or redirects public or donor queries to the appropriate staff.
- Respond to donor complaints or refers complaints to the Director of Marketing and Fund Development.
- Records and tracks interactions with donors using Oxfam Canada’s CRM system.
- Provides back up support for the administration of the SharePlan program.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Fund Development.
Donor Records Management:
- Update, edit and maintain all donor/member information in accordance with Oxfam Canada policies, processes and procedures; ensuring donor confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Ensure that donors’ wishes and preferences are accurately captured in the database.
- Follow up on all moved or returned mail (both hard copy and electronic) by searching online resources for address updates and/or directly contacting the donors for an update.
SharePlan Program Administration:
- Submit monthly pre-authorized debit (PAD) and pre-authorized credit card transactions as per schedule.
- Enter and monitor new SharePlan signups; adjusts gifts and cancels pre-authorized agreements.
- Ensure online and offline confirmations are sent to donors who sign up or cancel their participation in the program.
- Reconcile and balance submission files after transmission to ensure all transactions are accounted for.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES:
- Relevant combination of education and direct related experience working in fund development in a not-for-profit organization.
- Minimum of one (1) year customer service and data entry skills with high level of detail, efficiency, accuracy and speed.
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to global justice, social change, women’s rights and gender equality.
- Proven and superb customer service skills
- Experience using fundraising software, preferably Salesforce; understanding of data entry and report generation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluency in French a definite asset.
- Ability to effectively and concisely communicate complex issues in an easily understood manner.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines; attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction and work independently and as a member of a small team.
- High proficiency using MS Office software (Word and Excel a must) and CRM databases; experience using fundraising databases, specifically Salesforce CRM is a definite asset.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage multiple projects with high efficiency and accuracy.
- Willingness to sign and abide the Oxfam Code of Conduct.
** MUST be eligible to work in Canada **
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Oxfam Canada is committed to diversity and equity around the globe and in our workplace. All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require.
Important Note: All offers of employment are conditional upon signing our strict code of conduct, subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for Oxfam Canada.
For additional career opportunities within Oxfam Canada, please visit oxfam.ca/employment-opportunities. Please note that we are not able to offer internships or overseas volunteer placements.
We welcome you to join our movement – sign up for news and updates today.