Donor Engagement Coordinator - Trails Youth Initiatiaves
Are you passionate about positively impacting society, communities and families? What would you say if you had the opportunity to blend your experience in fundraising and networking with your passion for helping young people? If you’re the type of person who feels at home at a non-profit that’s being run like a business while making youth feel welcome and supported, if you thrive on building long-term partnerships and if you’re eager to help change their lives, maybe we should talk.
We are Trails Youth Initiatives, established in 1992 as a haven for youth from the GTA who encounter barriers to success. Our mission is to challenge and equip vulnerable youth to become contributing members of society. We offer a successful outdoor program to help them develop life skills and build their confidence. Our vision is to break the cycle of poverty by teaching practical skills, fostering a sense of community, developing emotional intelligence and facilitating academic performance. We forge lasting connections as each graduate becomes a branch on our family tree.
As our Donor Engagement Coordinator, you would be supporting our fundraising efforts and donor stewardship by analyzing current donor relationships, conducting research on potential donors, maintaining records and handling a range of tasks aimed at strengthening relationships. Responsibilities include updating our database, generating reports, identifying grant opportunities, assisting with events and contributing digital content. Crucially, you will be passionate about the Charity’s mission to challenge and equip vulnerable youth to become contributing members of society.
- Build donor relationships via phone, email, social media, website and direct mail
- Research grant opportunities from corporate and foundation sources
- Maintain donor database (Salesforce) and generate reports as needed
- Maintain email database (MailChimp) to facilitate campaigns
- Enhance donor experience through prompt gift acknowledgement
- Assist with development, organization and delivery of events
- Contribute content to event-specific websites and marketing materials
- Draft correspondence and create content for social media
- Explore new ways to cultivate donor relationships
- Expand professional knowledge to stay current on fundraising trends
- Maintain strict confidentiality and security of donor information
Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree in marketing, communications or related field and post-graduate degree or diploma in fundraising
- At least 2 years’ experience in fundraising, fostering donor engagement and organizing top-notch events, ideally in similar environment
- Experience working with social media platforms for business purposes
- Excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of database (preferably Salesforce), MailChimp and Canada Helps
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to write and edit effectively in English, with proficiency in grammar, spelling and content verification
- Pleasant telephone manner and strong sense of etiquette
- Strong time management skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to connect with people from all backgrounds and varying degrees of experience
- Willingness to work outside of regular business hours as needed
- Sincere interest in helping youth
- Service-beyond-duty mindset
- Persistent and proactive
- Unfazed under pressure
- Intellectually curious
How to apply: We value diversity of talent, strength, knowledge and insight and encourage qualified candidates to apply. If you are interested in working for an organization that makes a crucial difference for young people, please send us your resume and cover letter.