Donor Engagement Coordinator - Markham Stouffville Hospital
Donor Engagement Coordinator- (1) Full Time Temporary - 2 Year Contract - Markham Stouffville Foundation
Who we are:
Markham Stouffville Hospital Foundation enables the growth of Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) by raising funds and awareness for its priorities and ongoing needs. We inspire to earn the generous support of every member of our community. Markham and Whitchurch-Stouffville are the fastest growing regions in Canada and recently declared among the nation’s most diverse communities. Our core values are to Care Passionately about MSH, Respect & Community, Excellence & Quality and Trust & Accountability.
The Donor Engagement Coordinator is an integral part of the Foundation’s Marketing & Donor Engagement team to support the Foundation’s strategic priority to be the industry leader in donor engagement for increased revenue. This is a vital role supporting and executing accountability and recognition programs to help raise funds and awareness for Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) and MSH Foundation.
The Donor Engagement Coordinator will play a vital role in supporting our donor recognition and stewardship programs.
Maintaining and building relationships, supporting community outreach plans and working cross-functionally to provide unique engagement opportunities is essential for this role. The Donor Engagement Coordinator is expected to lead our Foundation’s brand to be the charity of choice
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Collaborate with the Donor Engagement team and donor relationship managers to enhance the donor experience through recognition and stewardship initiatives to meaningfully thank our donors and maintain relationships to increase retention and giving.
- Support the design, production and installation of all donor recognition and/or other forms of recognition (i.e. signage, wall stones and liners) working with external vendors and hospital contacts.
- Assist with the design process and implementation of the MSH Foundation digital recognition platform.
- Maintain the inventory of naming and dedication opportunities of physical spaces and assist with evaluating opportunities to keep the list current and fresh.
- Assist in tracking the donor experience calendar, guide and corresponding action tracks in the database, ensuring engagement is accurately assigned and executed that exceed a donor’s expectations and provide meaningful experiences.
- Support data projects to compile accurate and up-to-date lists of donor names for acknowledgement in reports, donor walls, online listings, outreach communications (i.e. holiday card mailing and invites to various special events) and other projects as required.
- Work collaboratively with relationship managers, the Donor Engagement and Events teams to plan and execute recognition and stewardship events. This includes maintaining the workflow, briefings, producing necessary materials (remarks, briefs, signage), set up and event logistics as required.
- Assist to produce recognition print materials and impact reports to gratefully acknowledge donors.
- Track and process revenue and expenses to provide input and feedback to the Marketing & Donor Engagement annual budgets, business plan and timeline to ensure strategic support of the Foundation’s strategic priorities.
- Active participant on Donor Engagement planning and contribute accordingly to research trends, policies and business ideas to help ensure we remain a leader in donor relations.
- As needed, support Donor Services responsibilities as a standby for reception coverage ensuring an excellent level of customer service to all donors, visitors, board members, volunteers and other stakeholders which may include answering and directing inbound calls, daily mail collection, arranging deliveries and couriers, provide support at signature events, and other duties as assigned.
Foundation Wide Support
- Coordinate and track the distribution of Foundation materials across the hospital and community as required.
- Provide general administrative support to the Support Services team including meeting coordination, visa reconciliation, expense coding, mailing coordination and other special projects as assigned.
- Coordinate office maintenance to ensure that the Foundation maintains a safe, clean and professional work place including liaising with the Property Manager to coordinate office repairs, moves, installations, cleaning issues, etc. and work with the Management team on space planning and storage needs as required.
- Coordinate purchases, facilitate maintenance and track inventory of Foundation wide and Donor Engagement specific supplies and equipment to maintain a healthy stock and maintain expenses per budget.
- Maximum two years’ experience in a similar role.
- A university degree or college diploma, experience in fundraising, marketing, public relations, event fundraising or sales an asset.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to organize and manage a diverse range of projects and adjust to changing priorities while maintaining high efficiency and thorough attention to detail.
- Demonstrates personal commitment, acts with integrity, diplomacy and displays an open and trustworthy attitude. Must be confident, pragmatic and professional.
- Resourceful and independent while comfortable working within the framework of an integrated development program and team-oriented environment.
- A positive, creative-thinker who is enthusiastic about their work, enjoys being a part of a team and working cross-functionally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Premiere, Photoshop) and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a strong asset.
- Excellent writing, layout, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Available to work occasional weekends and evening hours.
- This position involves some moderate lifting, shipping and handling.
- Access to a car, and a valid driver’s licence.
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.