Donations Coordinator - Stephen Lewis Foundation
The Stephen Lewis Foundation (SLF) is a dynamic, collaborative, feminist organization with an unwavering commitment to supporting grassroots organizations across Africa in countries hardest hit by the AIDS pandemic. The work unfolding in these communities is groundbreaking, as lives are rebuilt, rights are reclaimed and resilience re-forged. We are passionately committed to our partnerships, and this model of working is infused into the fabric of our day-to-day work.
The Stephen Lewis Foundation partners with community-based organizations, which are turning the tide of the HIV and AIDS pandemic in sub-Saharan Africa by providing care and support to women, orphaned children, grandmothers, LGBTIQ communities and people living with HIV and AIDS. Since 2003, the SLF has funded more than 1,800 initiatives, partnering with more than 325 community-based organizations.
Assuming the greatest level of trust, responsibility and fine attention to detail, the Donations Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the data entry process of gifts to the Raiser’s Edge fundraising and donor management database, adhering to established processes and ensuring data entry and donor acknowledgement fall within the Foundation’s established timelines. The Donations Coordinator is responsible for keeping donation procedure documents up-to-date to ensure efficiency and accuracy of donation processes and donor acknowledgements. As well, the Donations Coordinator is responsible for communicating with donors to keep their information current in Raiser’s Edge and provide support to maintain excellent donor care to all of our supporters. Foundation policies and internal controls must be maintained at all times.
This is a full-time position, based in our downtown Toronto office.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- With a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, perform gift batch data entry in Raiser’s Edge for donations received through mail, phone, third-party, events etc. maintaining the Foundation’s data entry standards, guidelines and practices; prepare data for committing
- Download donations received through our online portal (AKA Raisin), Canada Helps and other platforms; review and prepare data for import; coordinate with other teams to verify information)
- Work with event pledge forms to prepare data for import
- Update and record all Planned Giving/Estate information in Raiser’s Edge and maintain hard copy files; fulfill requests for Planned Giving information and send thank you letters for notifications of planned gifts that come through the office
- Log all donor communications in Raiser’s Edge
- Provide backup when necessary for preparing all incoming donations received through the mail each day for bank deposit or processing one-time credit card donations received by mail or by phone
- Working in consultation with the Donorcare & Database Manager and the Director of Development, contribute to the success of the team and organization by identifying and communicating areas of improvement to provide excellent stewardship to all our supporters
- Work with the Donorcare & Database Manager to ensure timelines are met and any issues are immediately flagged and actioned
- Provide exceptional donor care and stewardship by responding to donor requests received by phone and email for changes of information to donor records, reprints and reissues of tax receipts and other donor inquiries as needed
- Maintain documentation of procedures relevant to this position
- Other duties, as assigned
- A minimum of one to three years of experience working with a fundraising and donor management data-base (Raiser’s Edge is preferred but experience with similar databases is applicable)
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment that requires flexibility and multi-tasking under pressing deadlines
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- Very detail oriented and accurate
- Excellent ability to communicate with warmth, professionalism and clarity via written and verbal mediums
- Excellent phone manner and ability to connect with people
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Personal commitment to the values of feminism, anti-racism, anti-colonialism, social justice, solidarity, and gender equality
Reports to: Donorcare & Database Manager
Those wishing to apply please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the “Donations Coordinator” in the email subject line.
The closing date for this position is August 13, 2020 at midnight
Please do not call or email the Foundation about this posting. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that due to COVID-19 the recruitment process will be conducted virtually via-zoom meetings
The Stephen Lewis Foundation promotes feminist and anti-oppression principles. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
The Stephen Lewis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest.