Director, Program Administration and Service Excellence - ACCES Employment
Director, Program Administration and Service Excellence
Location: Peel Region
ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting qualified jobseekers from diverse backgrounds with employers across the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario and Canada. ACCES helps more than 39,000 job seekers each year at seven locations across the Greater Toronto Area. As a not-for-profit and charitable organization, ACCES provides job search services entirely free-of-charge, connecting newcomers, jobseekers, youth, women and refugees to jobs that reflect their skills and experience. We provide over 30 customized job search programs that meet the unique needs of our jobseekers. Our vision is to achieve a fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills and experience of Canada's population.
We are looking for skilled talent who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
Reporting to the VP, Services and & Program Administration, the Director, Program Administration and Service Excellence, is a central services role that will work closely with ACCES Directors and Program Managers and teams to ensure the development and implementation of systems and procedures that support the effective administration and delivery of ACCES’ programs and services. This includes development, implementation and monitoring of effective data and case management systems and processes, service excellence initiatives, with an initial focus on working with the ACCES leadership team to integrate and implement ACCES’ transition plan, in collaboration with WCG, for provincially-funded employment services in the Peel Region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership and direction in the development and implementation of continuous improvement strategies and activities.
- Provide leadership and expertise to employment teams in areas of assessment, case management, case documentation, problem solving, intervention, crisis management, and understanding the principles and ethics of counseling, particularly as they pertain to job seekers who are facing multiple barriers to employment.
- Work with the Vice President, Services and Program Administration to oversee the development, integration, implementation and ongoing monitoring of program administration, service excellence, and data and case management, policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership, training and/or coaching to Managers and Directors in the area of program administration, service delivery, staff performance management, program outcomes and reporting.
- Develop and implement an annual work plan regarding program administration and service excellence.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures across all sites for service delivery guidelines.
- Ensure standardization and consistency of data and case management processes across all programs to ensure the overall integrity of data.
- Provide leadership to ensure that administrative and reporting processes in all programs are maintained at high quality standards.
- Identify gaps and provide timely advice to Senior Leadership Team to ensure program outcomes meet and exceed targets and contractual obligations.
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions that will enhance or improve service excellence, current business processes, policies and practices.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and senior management to develop effective quality measurement tools, identifying gaps and action plans to correct shortfalls.
- Under our outcomes-based performance management framework, spearhead the introduction of new service excellence and program administration strategies and processes.
- Oversee the training of all program staff on ACCES’ Salesforce database (A-connect) and funder related databases.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP, Services and Program Administration.
- Travel to ACCES sites, funder locations, community partners.
Qualifications and Experience:
An organized self-starter with experience and/or education in the following areas:
- Minimum completed Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and/or specialized functional area or equivalent years and experience
- 10+ years relevant experience including managing people in multiple locations
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector and/or employment sector, especially supporting clients with barriers to employment preferred
- Experience developing community partnerships and funding proposals
- Strong knowledge and skills using various databases including Salesforce, and other funder-provided systems (e.g. EOIS-CaMS, iCARE, etc.)
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving and time management skills
- Knowledge of Employment Ontario performance management framework and delivering outcomes-based employment services
- Ability to prioritize and appropriately identify and respond to urgent situations while meeting competing deadlines
- Ability to travel across ACCES locations, funders and community partners
Job Application Instructions
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should state the position of interest (including location) in the subject of the email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
Please Note: ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer, strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, people of colour or members of racialized communities, indigenous people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Accessibility and Accommodation: ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.