Director of Revenue Development - Sea to Sky Community Services Society
This is a new position in the agency. As a senior leadership position within the Society, the Development Director will report directly to the SSCS’s Executive Director. The ideal candidate will have a proven development track record with 5+ years of development experience in a similar organization. The position will be required to provide strategic direction and hands on implementation of a development program.
This an exciting opportunity to join the Senior Leadership team of one of BC’s most respected and established community service organizations.
Reporting to the Executive Director directly, this is a 1 year full-time employment contract position with the possibility of extension.
- Develop a comprehensive Capital Campaign for the society, with a target of raising $900,000 towards the Foundry Squamish Capital Campaign.
- Develop a critical 12 month path to success with key dates, milestones and progress reports to communicate back to the Executive Director and Capital Campaign Committee members.
- Create a comprehensive case statement to adapt for a range of quality donors and create campaign materials to effectively communicate the ‘case’ to donors and the public.
- Cultivate quality prospects and donors, along with tailored solicitation strategies.
- Facilitate and participate in direct requests for financial support.
- Working with administrative staff, develop various payment vehicles and donor recognition strategies.
- Ensure donors are properly recognized for their support.
- Develop and maintain donor records.
- Coordinate and facilitate events and meetings to introduce potential donors to the society and capital campaign project.
- Act as a local liaison and public face for the Society and capital campaign as required.
Development and Implementation of a Revenue Development Program
- Working with the senior leadership, identify key development strategies that align with the overall gaols and values of the Society.
- Identify and implement a CRM to support fundraising strategies.
- Identify and implement key fundraising tools as well a metrics to measure success.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral, written, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills, specifically with strengths in grant writing, donation solicitations and public presentations.
- Ability to work effectively with program staff, volunteers and non-profit or publicly funded groups, agencies and organizations.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders (eg. staff, volunteers, donors, funders and contractors/suppliers).
- Demonstrated competency with donor management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in project and budget management.
- Competent in event planning and management.
- High-level competency in Windows Office package including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, internet research and developing and managing basic data collection.
- Graphic design and web management abilities an asset.
- Ability to function independently while managing multiple tasks.
- Effective engagement and team-building skills.
- Experience working with volunteers.
SSCS is pleased to offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including a defined benefit pension plan, extended health and dental benefits, long term disability insurance and group life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance. This role requires occasional evening and weekend work and some travel in the Sea to Sky Corridor.
Email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org