Director of Programs - StepStones for Youth
Programs Director – StepStones for Youth
StepStones for Youth (www.stepstonesforyouth.com) is an innovative and dynamic charitable organization in Toronto dedicated to providing intervention and sustainable support for children and youth. Many of these youth are exiting the foster care and group home system or are currently living in foster homes and shelters.
Our goal is to create positive and meaningful connections; increase school engagement, high school graduation, and post-secondary enrolment; and increase stable housing, improved mental and physical health, and strong support networks. StepStones adheres to a "whatever it takes" approach to servicing youth and we go above and beyond to support their needs.
StepStones for Youth is seeking a Director of Programs to support service delivery, evaluation and quality control of our programs. Do you have a passion for leading programs and projects and thrive in a fast-paced work environment? This is a great opportunity to make a positive impact on the most vulnerable in our society.
Focus areas for this role are:
- Oversee the promotion, implementation, operation, and evaluation of our programs, aligning with StepStones strategy, ensuring deliverables are met and budget requirements are achieved.
- Manage and coach team of youth service workers
- Ensure best practices and continuous improvements to our programs
- Report on program outcomes to funding agencies and stakeholders
- Manage the marketing outreach campaign and advertising for StepStones programs
- Ensure the programs remain high-impact, effective and efficient, and take into account the complex needs of the service recipients
- Collect, record and present program statistical information and program performance indicators generated from routine documentation and use these to analyze youth outcomes.
- Support advocacy efforts
Who you are?
- A strong leader, who can motivate and influence change, facilitate and enhance performance in a cross–functional environment, and gain buy-in when necessary.
- You have a proven ability to build and maintain relationships by engaging others to effectively establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- A thorough understanding of anti-oppression, anti-Black and anti-Indigenous racism values and principles and an appreciation of and ability to work with diverse communities.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Self-motivated and decisive with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Strong organizational, assessment and time management skills; including budgetary experience, accountability and reliability; and the ability to work effectively and independently under the pressure of tight timelines, competing priorities and emergent issues.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Benefits package
- Professional development opportunities
During COVID our office is open however most work if conducted from home during this time.
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities and are committed to having a team made up of people with diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We actively encourage BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ applicants to apply and we value the positive impact that diversity has on our teams. We are committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion within our workforce and in all opportunities provided at StepStones. Accommodations will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Access to a vehicle and a valid ON Driver’s License with appropriate insurance required
- 7+ years of experience working with youth who are considered high-risk and vulnerable
- 2+ years of experience managing staff working within high-risk populations
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, with some evenings as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please refrain from phone calls or in person submissions.