Director of Programs - Kerby Centre
Director of Programs
Salary range begins at $78,500
Masters of Social Work, Non-Profit Management or equivalent. A Bachelor's degree with at least 5 years' experience in a management level in human service environment will be considered.
5 years' experience in a non-profit management capacity
- Intermediate level computer skills and social media presence
- Conflict and crisis resolution
- Management skills: global thinking,vision, inspiration, team building, coaching
- Experience with manage a budget of $2M
- Social work knowledge beneficial: trauma informed care, CPI, HMIS, knowledge of elder abuse
- Must have access to car on a periodic basis or make alternate arrangements.
Office environment 8:00 - 4:00 or 8:30 - 4:30 Mon-Fri. Some flexibility in hours required. During COVID may adjust hours to work from home at times.
The Kerby Director of Programs supports the long-term sustainability of Kerby Centre through the development of an innovative range of human service programming and the oversight of existing programming including day to day operations, marketing, personnel management, finances and strategic planning. All activities are linked to the strategic goals and the purpose of the organization.
The Director of Progarms is responsible for overseeing the Operations of the following Kerby Centre departments:
- Adult Day Program
- Wellness Clinic
- Thrive (Grocery Delivery and Wellness)
- Information Resources
- Education and Recreation
- Direct the planning process by having input into dept goals and objectives
- Ensure that statistics collection is timely.
- Ensure that deadlines for funding, projects, reports and applications are met.
- Oversee departments budgets and costs. Review with the Manager on a regular basis.
- In conjunction with the Managers develop new initiatives. Establish time lines and schedules for projects.
- Ensure that safety and working alone protocols are met.
Responsible for ensuring the departments maintain current funding and also have a go forward plan for development. Keep abreast of the latest innovation in programming and services:
- Ensure that current funding applications are renewed. Responsible for liaising with funders.
- Examine the current assets of each department including manpower, knowledge and hard assets. Create a plan for future services or projects. Work with Fund Development for potential funding.
- Write funding applications
- Directly supervise the Managers of each department. This includes regular meetings with Managers, supervision notes, annual evaluation of Managers.
- Responsible in conjunction with the Director of Operations to ensure the Managers are mentoring, developing and coaching department staff in the full scope of their roles.
- Ensure department vacation and sick time accruals are within acceptable levels.
- Responsible for resolving disciplinary issues in the departments in conjunction with the Managers and the Director of Operations.
- Ensure training and staff development is prioritized. Ensure that funder benchmarks are reached where applicable (i.e. Adult Day Program.
- Act as a senior leader within the organization. Demonstrating the values and philosophy of the agency and fostering an effective culture and among employees and volunteers
- Participate as an active member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Assist in the development of long and short term strategies that support the vision and mission
- Translate the strategic priorities into operational plans and monitor progress of same
- Responsible for the growth and development of new initiatives to assist seniors in a changing social, economic and technological environment.
The position is available in October, 2020. Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please identify your salary expections in your cover letter.