Director of Finances and Operations - WellFort Community Health Services
WellFort is seeking to hire Full Time Permanent Director of Finances and Operations!
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director of Finances and Operations is a new position that is part of WellFort’s senior leadership team. The position overviews and is responsible for leading WellFort’s operational and organizational systems, including Finance, Administration, IT, Facilities, Data Management and HR functions. As a member of the senior leadership team, the director works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to advance the organization’s mission, strategic and operational priorities.
- Develops, manages the implementation of all finance and accounting functions, controls, procedures and systems.
- Ensures adherence to financial policies and prepares funder reports.
- Prepares financial reports and performs variance analysis.
- Coordinates and monitors the annual audit, cash flow and invests surplus funds.
- Assists the CEO and leadership team with budgeting and strategic planning.
- Keeps up-to-date on legislation, regulations and funder guidelines/requirements affecting financial procedures and internal controls, and advises the leadership team on these developments.
- Prepares and negotiates benefits insurance coverage and pension plans.
Organizational Planning & Operations
- Establish department objectives, priorities and workplans which are aligned with WellFort’s organizational objectives.
- Leads the development of the annual organizational budget in collaboration with the CEO, and other departments.
- Responsible for facility management for all sites including maintenance, cleaning and security.
- Utilizes information technology to collect and analyze data, presents data driven recommendations to the leadership for changes/improvements to programs.
- Acts as liaison with external auditors, corporate lawyers, landlords, cleaners and other maintenance contractors.
- Maintains internal control system for maintenance activities, and maintains the master inventory control system.
- Manages technology infrastructure including hardware, software, servers, databases, security, networks and operations, develop appropriate information security policies, procedures, and guidelines, assess and manage security risk efforts and ensure sustained compliance with legal, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Ensure rigorous application and observance of policies, procedures and contractual obligations.
- Leads, guides and supports direct reports, encourages growth and learning, and continuously ensures that resources are aligned with value for the money.
- Attracts, retains and develops direct reports; and manages staff separations of employment as required.
- Facilitates team-based initiatives and promotes effective inter-professional functioning and operations with a shared care model.
- Maintain and plan ahead for infrastructural needs and requirements for the effective running of the organization.
- Keep abreast and monitor new technological developments.
- Oversee the Human Resources function and staff for the organization. Plan, develop and lead Human Resources Strategies, Programs and Services, focusing on promoting a positive workplace culture in alignment with WellFort CHS Vision and Values.
- Undergraduate degree from a relevant discipline.
- CPA designation is required.
- A minimum of seven to ten (7-10) years’ experience working in a similar setting, preferably a not-for-profit organization.
- Knowledge and familiarity with relevant legislation and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership and management, and to work flexibly and effectively in an inter-professional team environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in planning, evaluation and quality monitoring systems.
- Excellent decision-making, critical thinking, problem-solving, conflict management, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Self-directed with strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence/empathy;
- Commitment to continuous learning, quality improvement and innovation.
- Excellent written communication and oral skills that meet the needs of the individual and/or community at the appropriate literacy level.
- Experience working with confidential and time sensitive documents and information.
- Experience working in a value based non-profit or social services organization.
- Experience or training in Change Management is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently in an interdisciplinary team environment in which the skills and responsibilities of each team member are recognized and respected.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of computers and various computer software applications, such as Great Plains, ADP-Workforce Now, OHRS, OChart and Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Ability to speak languages relevant to the residents of the organization’s community is an asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier-free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team. We encourage applications from individuals who can identify with the diverse communities we serve. Interested applicants:
- Forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, quoting “DFO0221” in the subject line. (Posting will remain open until it is filled.)
- Salary range for this position is $79,444 and $93,472 plus excellent benefits and HOOPP.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.