Director of Care - Maxwell Management Group Ltd
Our valued client is currently seeking a:
Director of Care (Registered Nurse)
Saint John, New Brunswick
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of individuals requiring long-term care? Are you committed to providing quality care and putting residents first? If you answered yes to both questions, Loch Lomond Villa is the place where you can make a difference in someone's quality of life.
Loch Lomond Villa is an award winning, community of health and social care providers committed to enhancing the lives of our residents where they are proud to call us Home. Our comprehensive approach ensures our residents receive the most innovative and best practices in care possible, while our compassion and dedication keep our focus exclusively on the individual. Our core values, along with our Planetree Person-Centered Philosophy, form the basis of our relationship with our residents, their families, our staff and the community. Loch Lomond Villa is nationally accredited (Accreditation Canada) and is the 2nd largest Gold Certified Planetree Continuing Care Community in the world. We have proudly served our residents and the community since 1972. We are the largest nursing home in the region with 190 nursing care beds and the third largest in the province of New Brunswick.
As the Director of Care, you can look forward to:
- Joining a dynamic and cohesive team that has set ambitious goals for the future of the organization
- Joining a non-profit long-term care organization with a long and proud history of service to the community
- Strategic growth, innovation, and excellence
- Finding new ways to integrate best-practices, innovation and service excellence
- Further developing the nursing care program to the gold standard in long-term care
- Participating on external committees and research initiatives
- Maintaining effective community/academic relationships and linkages
An energetic leader-by-example you'll support a culture of teamwork and high performance - with a focus on continuous quality improvement.
To plan, organize and direct all activities in order to provide the best possible resident centered-care consistent with available resources and to do so in accordance with the Home's Mission Statement, Philosophy, Policies and Procedures and in compliance with Provincial standards, rules and regulations as they pertain to Nursing Homes. As part of the Leadership Team and an advocate for the residents, the Director of Care develops, evaluates and monitors resident care services and programs according to evidence based best-practices. Assumes a leadership role in planning, organizing and directing 24-hour resident care services utilizing an Interdisciplinary Team approach.
- Provide ongoing review of the resident care program and assure activities are in accordance with the long-term care standards of Accreditation Canada and Planetree Certification drivers.
- Be aware of new and changing models of care delivery. Assure the care model of the home is current to provide the highest standard of resident care.
- Collaborate with Physicians/Nurse Practitioner with respect to the Home's medical and nursing programs and resident care.
- Make visits to residents and review Care Plans to ensure quality of resident care.
- Work with the Scheduling Department in the scheduling of shifts, vacations, holidays and days off
- Be responsible for the selection, employment, orientation, supervision and evaluation of resident care personnel; train and mentor.
- Participate in labor negotiations and meetings of management/labor relations committee.
- Assist in developing an effective recruitment program to meet the requirements of the Departments.
- Demonstrate an interest in professional self-development and encourage others towards this goal.
- Assist in providing education programs and resources for staff that are consistent with the assessed needs of staff.
- Be responsible for organizing committee meetings of staff, Medical Advisory Committee (MAC), Infection Prevention and Control (IPC), Care Programs etc and maintain minutes of these committee meetings.
- Make recommendations regarding the selection of supplies and equipment.
- Participate in the preparation of the Department's budget and give direction and guidance to Managers as required.
- Maintain good public relations with residents, families, co-workers, other departments and the community.
- Ensure Quality Management and Risk Management activities are carried out in the Department. Complete audits as needed.
- Participate in and promote the Attendance Management / Accident Injury Prevention / Safety and Quality of Services Programs.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, post-secondary training in Nursing with at least five years experience, three of which have been in the health care field with long-term care clients.
- Must be registered with NANB.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Standards, Acts and Regulations pertaining to nursing care and long-term care facilities.
- Demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, visibility, communication, teamwork, initiative, self-management, accountability, flexibility and adaptability.
- Management competencies including results oriented, human resources management, employee development, recruitment, and retention.
- Financial management skills including; business planning, budgets, decision making and execution.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications, internet-based databases and ability to conduct research on the internet.
- Solid staff supervisory skills, including knowledge of collective agreement administration and interpretation, labour relations principles and practices, and relevant employment legislation.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required, and be available for on-call duties. May need to be available in an emergency to work as an RN.
Competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 211
Leaders Helping Leaders ... We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience
please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.