Director of Business Planning & Development - One Kids Place
JOB POSTING – Director of Business Planning and Analysis
ONE KIDS PLACE – Children’s Treatment Centre located in the Districts of Muskoka, Nipissing and Parry Sound, offers community-based rehabilitation and support services with a wide range of programs to children and youth with physical, communicative and developmental needs. Screening, assessments, consultations and intervention services are provided as part of a multi-disciplinary team approach.
POSITION: Director of Business Planning and Analysis
LOCATION: Nipissing site
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Business Planning and Analysis is responsible for providing a complete range of accounting and financial management services for One Kids Place which includes uniquely funded programs.
One Kids Place Children’s Treatment Centre is currently looking to fill the position of Director of Business Planning and Analysis to join the Senior Leadership Team in leading the organization to achieve growth and success while focusing on service delivery to our children, youth, and families in the districts that we serve.
We are looking for a highly-skilled Director of Business Planning and Analysis to develop and manage the annual budget process as well as continuous financial forecasting and analysis. This is an excellent opportunity for a designated finance professional who is positive, driven and willing to build value and make a difference.
The Director of Business Planning and Analysis has an entrepreneurial spirit and seeks to identify new opportunities, partnerships, and internal efficiencies to promote the Centre in a fiscally responsible manner. The agency operates primarily in a not-for-profit environment and recently is developing a business model to deliver Autism Services on a fee for service basis. The Director of Business Planning and Analysis also has oversight on the management of fundraising dollars and is responsible for monthly financial reporting on all business functions to the Board of Directors.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Working as part of the Senior Leadership Team, you will provide financial guidance and assistance for both the corporate and programming teams.
- Coordinate with all department managers to complete the annual budget
- Through due diligence analysis, participates in the development of existing programs and new business service models as it relates to fee-for-service structures.
- Review capital purchase requests and make recommendations
- Accountable for oversight and the accuracy and integrity of all financial and statistical data for the Centre
- Prepares financial statements and quarterly variance analysis, and oversees the workflow process
- Prepares quarterly and year-end financial and statistical (MIS) submissions for funders
- Prepares, initiates and/or recommends development of financial policies for approval and ensures appropriate implementation
- Ensures audit and internal control strategies that support the goals, operations, and priorities of the organization
- Delegate annual audit and month end reporting where appropriate
- Resource to the Finance/Audit Committee and makes presentations to the Board
- Recommend Financial Investment Strategies and prepare Return on Investment analysis
- Prepare Ad hoc financial reporting and economic modelling as needed to inform on decisions of Senior Leadership Team
- Carry out the Procurement & Asset Management practices for the organization
- Risk Management assessment with business development, contract management, and the RFP process
- Sources and secures insurance coverages for the various needs of the organization including liability; facilities; vehicles
- Supervises and provides oversight to financial operations and payroll
- Assess organizational needs and efficiencies and sources out software programs to support business functions
- As a community leader, you will establish and foster strategic relationships with key external stakeholders such as auditors, financial institution management, consultants, and Fundraising (Stakeholders/Trustees)
- CPA, with 5-10 years of Not-for-Profit accounting and finance experience
- Bachelor's degree, Business or Accounting preferred
- Experience working within the public sector, particularly community agencies, funders and within a unionized environment. Experience in children’s services will be considered an asset.
- Strong financial and management reporting skills, proven analytical skills and ability to collaborate with other team members
- Demonstrated experience preparing and monitoring budgets
- Direct experience in developing and preparing a variety of financial and related analytical reports producing detailed and highly accurate work in a high volume setting as needed
- Experience working in a profit generating enterprise within a not-for-profit organization
- Ability to work under high pressure and manage a variety of time-sensitive reports and requirements
- Ability to work independently and with senior management
- Proven track record providing high level customer service
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy with MS Office Suite, Excel (intermediate to advanced), ACCPAC or other financial software
- Preference to Bilingual Candidates (French/English).
COMPENSATION: Excellent salary and benefits package
For an opportunity to be part of our exciting future please send your resume attention to:
One Kids Place Children’s Treatment Centre is committed to an inclusive and accessible environment. Please use the above email to let us know if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. An acknowledgement will be sent only to those candidates who will be interviewed. La version française de cette annonce est disponible sur demande.