Director of Administration - Havergal College
Founded in 1894 and located on a beautiful 22-acre campus in midtown Toronto, Canada, Havergal College is one of Canada’s pre-eminent independent school for girls from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12. At the forefront of woman’s education for over 125 years, Havergal is grounded in the principles of a liberal arts education and prepares young woman to make a difference. Through our outstanding curricular and co-curricular programs, we nurture a culture of capability that fosters self-confidence, leadership, critical thinking, inquiry-based learning and teamwork within our students.
The Director of Administration manages and oversees the administration functions of the College for all student and faculty activities. Reporting directly to the Associate Head of School, this role will ensure that all student and faculty administration processes from JK – to 12 are centralized, efficient and effectively communicated. This role is fundamental to the objective to have contemporary, digitalized administration flows, supporting people to acquire the skills to work and problem solve within evolving systems.
- Strategically optimize the use of the School Administration System (Veracross) to ensure the best outcomes for school administration management
- Establish and operationalize a digitalized, centralized student file system for students from JK to 12
- Ensure the School Calendar is a strategic structure, enabling and supporting multiple stakeholders in their engagement activities, whilst also protecting time for students and teachers to focus on learning
- Manage and review the current day to day student attendance system, achieving a digitalized tracking system that provides real-time data that can be effectively monitored and analysed
- Manage the classification of the faculty workload according to the determined needs of the Vice-Principals and Associate Head of School, and communicate the assigned responsibilities of teachers
- Review the administration loads carried within Departments and design efficiencies through centralized systems and processes
- Manage the Administration Support Roles in the College, ensuring that resources are allocated where required in an efficient manner, and that skills are keeping pace with the evolving administration systems
- Support the Associate Head in the overview of communication to parents, including drafting and reviewing communication as requested
- Coordinate with HC-X to ensure the new Learning Management System (LMS) supports the Associate Head’s strategic objectives for parent engagement and communication, and optimize opportunities to use the LMS for efficiencies in the streamlining and centralization of the administration system across the College
- Coordinate the management and oversight of School events that are operationalized under the direction of the Associate Head and be the liaison for those events under the direction of the Executive Director of Advancement and Community Relations
- Manage the implementation of Policies, Procedures and Guidelines specific to the education activities of the College, cooperating with the Director of Risk Management in high level curation and evaluation cycles
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Post-Secondary Degree, with certification in project management
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience managing centralized administration processes
- Exceptional technical abilities and experience with information management systems
- Strong experience and understanding of implementing digitized processes
- Proven delegation and organizational management skills
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to the Core Competencies of:
- Collaborative Team Player
- Integrity & Trust
- Learning Agility
- Reflective Thinking
- Globally Minded
- Self- Management
We offer competitive compensation and generous support for professional, educational and leadership development.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest to email@example.com no later than August 7th, 2020.
We appreciate all applications, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Havergal College is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations please contact Cathy LeBlanc at 416-483-3519 ext. 6605 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.