Director, Housing Services - The Phoenix Society
Do you like making genuine connection with people? Managing and improving programs and facilities? Have experience working in not for profit? Come work for one of BC’s top not-for-profit societies.
The Phoenix Society is a not-for-profit society dedicated to providing accessible services and opportunities to people who face barriers related to substance use, mental health, housing, education, criminal justice involvement and/or employment.
We are currently seeking a Director, Housing Services who will report to the CEO, and act as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
Leading and mentoring a team of managers, the Director, Housing Services will support and enhance the operations of our existing housing programs as well as lead the implementation of two exciting new supportive housing projects in the coming year.
A multi-faceted role, the Director will be strategic yet hands-on leader that builds strong relationships and be an advocate for Phoenix.
- Strategic planning – Participate in strategic planning initiatives with the Senior Management Team and the Board. Recommend new initiatives and timelines in alignment with new trends in the field and with the Society’s vision, to ensure expansion and growth in our housing impact, including obtaining new resources, space and funding.
- Budget – Participate in annual budget and financial planning initiatives with the Senior Management Team. Direct staff in maintaining appropriate fiscal controls in programs to ensure operations are within the scope of the annual budget.
- Community and Public Relations – Ensure the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive images to relevant community stakeholders.
- Fiscal Control – Direct staff in maintaining appropriate fiscal controls to ensure all projects are within the scope of the annual budget.
- Quality Assurance – Ensure the consistency of quality, accountability and high standards; develop, implement and evaluate program goals, objectives, policies and procedures and ensure that the required standards are maintained; implement the monitoring and evaluation of programs.
- Report Writing - Compile reports for CEO, the Phoenix Board and funders with comprehensive details on programs offered and outcomes accomplished. Ensure all legislative and funding reports are completed accurately and on time. Prepare reports for consideration by the Board of Directors.
- Staffing - Oversee and evaluate recruitment strategies for staffing needs in Phoenix housing portfolios.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Educational Leadership in the Human/Social Services field, Asset Management, or equivalent education and experience in a related field.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years related operational experience in community-based setting providing services to support people with their substance use, mental health, human/social services needs, preferably in a community housing setting.
- At least five years in a program leadership role preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues and learning needs of people affected by homelessness, substance use, concurrent disorders and criminal justice involvement.
- Training and experience in records, reports and statistics
- Experience in creating, implementing, evaluating and improving systems of operations in programs and facilities
- Sensitivity in a culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
To apply for this position and gain additional information regarding the Phoenix Society and the position, please visit our Careers site.