Director, Client Services - Lumenus Community Services
In April 2020 Adventure Place, The Etobicoke Children’s Centre, Griffin Centre and Skylark Children Youth & Families amalgamated to form Lumenus Community Services. The vision of Lumenus is to provide excellent, accessible and integrated mental health, developmental and community services where every client has the opportunity to be seen, be heard and to be well.
Client Services – Portfolio Leadership
- Leads the clinical philosophy of the services being delivered
- Develops and monitors services and programs within the service portfolio
- Ensures compliance with service policies, protocols, systems in alignment with other clinical services
- Ensures effective strategies are in place to manage complex internal and external systems
- Ensures service standards are maintained and outcomes are monitored, measured and evaluated
- Responds to program/service evaluation outcomes by implementing and monitoring improvement plans
- Manages serious occurrences, escalating to Strategic Director as appropriate
- Processes client complaints according to established protocols
- Provides information and manages budgets (including the monitoring of monthly cash flows and expenditures) of programs within the portfolio
- Submits government service reports as per established timelines and requirements
- Liaises with client families and community members as needed ensuring high levels of service/client satisfaction
- Supports service coordination efforts to ensure access and integration for all clients within different programs
- Works with Strategic Director and other Service Directors to anticipate and manage risk related to service delivery, according to established protocols
- Ensures ongoing adherence/compliance to Accreditation standards, legislation and best practices
- Ensures that all program activities within the portfolio operate in accordance with established Diversity/Equity guidelines/practices
Client Services - Agency Unit Leadership
- Upholds the agency’s client services vision, strategy and treatment philosophy
- Attends and participates in internal and external committees/task groups as required
- Works collaboratively with all Client Services to ensure excellence in continuity of care, access and integration.
- Works with Director Quality and Organizational Performance to improve client programming and collaboration, and innovation
- Participates in and supports Accreditation/Review process (Client) as required and collaborates with members of the Client Service team to ensure excellent results
- Oversees talent management activities within the team and integrates required supports within the service portfolio.
- Champions teamwork and strong inter-disciplinary collaboration
- Provides leadership, supervision, performance management and guidance to direct reports
- Communicates expectations and provides guidance/support regarding service related supervision and oversight
- Promotes a positive, fair and learning environment through guidance and role-modelling
- Ensures professional development according to established parameters.
- MSW, MA or equivalent in a related field, or the equivalent in experience and professional training.
- Member of appropriate professional college
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- Extensive non-profit experience, specifically in intensive services (day treatment/ residential)
- Satisfactory clearance under the Vulnerable Sector Screening process
- Demonstrated understanding of Ministry/government service expectations, service targets and impact on program planning and operations
- Competent knowledge in applicable government legislation and initiatives that impact the operations of the service
- Proven track record in developing and sustaining community partnerships
- Facility in contributing to memorandums of understanding among large complex organizations
- Understanding of child welfare issues and policies
- Proven Client Services acumen and knowledge in relevant clinical modalities/programming and clinical research literature
- Committed to “client -centered” and strength focused practice
- Knowledgeable in anti-oppressive and anti -black racism perspectives
- Knowledgeable and experienced in best practices in management and leadership
- Focused on continuous quality improvement and outcomes
- Understands and analyzes data that informs recommendations
- Basic Project Management skills
- Policy development skills
- Ability to hold firm boundaries, ensuring actions are accountable to program direction
- Ability to balance demands/priorities of workload, manage time effectively and operate within the framework of stated expectations
- Able to anticipate and manage risk, serious occurrences and client service problems
TO APPLY: Interested applicants are invited to submit both their cover letter and resume in only PDF or Microsoft word format to Paul Bessin at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before August 12, 2020.
Please quote: Director Client Services in the subject line. Please refrain from pasting the cover letter to the body of the email.
Lumenus Community Services is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We value a recruitment and selection process that is inclusive and barrier-free and we encourage applications from all individuals including, but not limited to, all cultures, religions, racialized communities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
We ask applicants to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department. Human Resources will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.