Direct Support Supervisor - Reena
Who Are We:
Reena is a non-profit organization that has provided community services for people with developmental disabilities while promoting dignity, individuality, independence, personal growth and community inclusion within a framework of Jewish culture and values since 1973. Reena advocates for people, and supports individuals to develop spiritually, feel a connection and sense of belonging to their roots, culture and community, but also encourages the expression of everyone’s culture and religious roots, regardless of background and denomination.
2 roles available - Direct Support Supervisors (Perm) AND Direct Support Supervisor (12 Months Contract)
- Supervises staff within assigned Community Service Group (CSG), directing and supporting them to follow Reena’s philosophy of community integration and adult living within a Judaic framework
- Implements agency policies and procedures
- Develops supports catered to individuals based upon Independent Support Plans/Behaviour Support Plans and directs staff to implement support to achieve goals, involving families and community supports
- Monitors staff performance through regular team meetings, on the job support, supervisions and performance appraisals
- Performs administrative work in reference to staff and locations - payroll, incident reporting, record keeping, Ministry required documents
- Chairs various meetings, works as a part of a team to be aware of agency changes and initiatives, and shares information/ideas to assist with continuous quality improvement
- Post-Secondary education in related field
- Minimum 2 years working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Demonstrated leadership ability to manage group of staff
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving and organizational skills, flexibility and service orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively and network with diverse stakeholders including individuals, families, direct support staff, supervisors, managers
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple priority tasks; is detail oriented, has excellent organizational skills, is self-motivated
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Reena is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
If you, or someone you know, are interested in the role, please send your updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.