Direct Support Professional - Christian Horizons - West District
Are you an enthusiastic person who wants to make a meaningful impact in someone’s life and their community? At Christian Horizons we Value People, Foster Belonging, Respect Gifts and Serve Others. Learn more about Christian Horizons: https://www.christian-horizons.org/who-we-are/values
Direct Support Professionals
(Permanent and Temporary)
Part-Time (16-34 hours/week)
Direct Support Professional employees build communities that value the contributions of people who experience developmental disabilities. They assist with activities of daily living, working collaboratively with families, advocates, friends, and community partners in order to promote full citizenship and enhance relationships. Recognizing people’s right to self-determination, and valuing their unique gifts while encouraging continuous growth and development is only a part of what makes this a rewarding career.
Watch this inspiring video capturing what it means to work for Christian Horizons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wPsgxzt4wQ
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package for Full-Time and Part-Time positions
- Career Development and Training Opportunities
- Flexible Schedules and Various Locations
- Employee Discounts
- *Temporarily, $3 per hour will be added to wages of employees providing direct support through funds provided by the Ontario government, who will determine the duration of this increase.**
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Check;
- Satisfactory 3-year Uncertified Driver’s Abstract;
- Valid G Driving License and access to reliable transportation
- 3-6 Months’ Experience; (Volunteer or Employment)
- Developmental Services Worker, Child and Youth Worker, or post-secondary education in a related field
Apply Online: https://www.christian-horizons.org/careers
All persons may apply regardless of religion or any Human Rights Code protected grounds. We seek to provide accessibility through all stages of the hiring process for all applicants with disabilities consistent with our Accessibility Policies and the AODA. Please let us know if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Shifts may include days, afternoons, evening, weekends and occasional overnights
Christian Horizons follows all guidelines and restrictions directed by government and local public health, including provision of Personal Protective Equipment for employees.