Direct Funding Program Agreement & Resource Facilitator - Centre for Independent Living in Toronto
The Centre for Independent Living in Toronto (CILT) has a full-time employment opportunity available in our Toronto location for a Direct Funding Program Agreement & Resource Facilitator. This position is responsible for distributing and monitoring Direct Funding Program agreements and providing administrative support to the Direct Funding program (www.dfontario.ca)
- Prepare and mail participant agreements and agreement renewals with appendices.
- Update Access database with current information pertaining to incoming/outgoing agreements.
- Review incoming agreements for completeness.
- Liaise with other Direct Funding staff on outstanding documents.
- Participate in Direct Funding applicant interviews.
- Discuss with participants individual budget parameters in consultation with DF Community Facilitator
- Correspond in writing with participants on issues relating to program Agreement and Policy.
- Transcribe phone calls/meetings from audio or hand-written documents to text.
- Assist with data entry of Direct Funding Applications and other information as required.
- Update Access database with applicant/participant information.
- Administrative support to include but not limited to minutes, faxing, photocopying, dictation, and filing.
- Note-taking or physical assistance to other staff as required.
- Participate in program team activities related to the overall smooth operation of the Direct Funding program.
- Maintain filing system related to the administration of the program.
- Report significant or unusual information encountered in day-to-day activities to the Provincial Program Coordinator and/or Financial Assurance Manager
- Performs other duties as required as mutually agreed upon with the Provincial Program Coordinator.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively in a team
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration and/or related discipline/experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and MS Access) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong customer service orientation and quick response attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage data, present information (written and verbal) and generate correspondence in a clear and concise manner.
- Empathetic, tactful and professional telephone manner.
- Minimum 2 years’ administrative experience and utilizing manual and computerized filing systems.
- Knowledge of disability issues is an asset.
CILT is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: CILT is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at CILT are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. CILT will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. CILT encourages applicants of all ages.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org