Digital Media Specialist - Canadian Chiropractic Association
Position Title: Digital Media Specialist
Reports To: Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications
The Digital Media Specialist is an expert in social media and digital marketing who creates and executes strategies for the CCA that engage our audiences.
Working in partnership with colleagues on the MARCOM team, the Digital Media Specialist leads and implements the CCA’s social media communications (blog, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, website, apps, etc.) on a daily basis, closely following CCA’s brand guidelines. This includes building viewership and engagement on our public social platforms, as well as our member community through our Facebook private member group. In addition, the Digital Media Specialist supports the MARCOM team with ongoing initiatives including the coordination and execution of e-newsletters, video and graphics, sponsor partnerships, website management and event logistics.
The Digital Media Specialist also works cross-functionally to develop and execute strategies to help other departments reach their target audiences. The Digital Media Specialist must develop a thorough understanding of the CCA’s vision, mission, values and strategic goals. The work will cover government advocacy, research and member relations, ensuring that all communications align with brand messaging, CCA values and customer service standards.
- Create, manage, execute and monitor day-to-day communications and campaigns across public social media platforms including Facebook (public page and private members’ group), Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube. This includes some evening and weekend work to monitor discussions on our social media channels.
- Create content – including graphics, build community and spark engagement. Consistently innovate by looking for ways to improve processes, test new content, and research new platform features and technologies
- Develop the strategy and execute digital paid campaigns including social media, SEO/Google Ads, etc.
- Develop and execute the social media and blog calendars.
- Manage and perform website updates, ensuring pages are optimized and regularly maintained to ensure consistency.
- Create and implement community engagement strategies and campaigns tailored for different audiences.
- Produce regular metrics reports with actionable insights.
- Demonstrate good judgement in flagging and preparing responses to issues that arise on our social media platforms.
The Digital Media Specialist has experience with:
- Social media engagement, campaigns and advertising (building community).
- Social media community management – good judgement when responding and escalating.
- Website content management.
- Developing and executing SEO/Google Ads campaigns.
- Graphics production with ability to conceptualize and create eye-catching graphics - selecting images and then editing to include text into an effective post.
- Video production skills: filming, editing and production.
- Multi-tasking with frequent shifting priorities.
- Performing as part of an innovative team within a fast-paced environment.
- Solid skills in; Google Analytics, WordPress, Photoshop/InDesign, CRM such as Salesforce, Microsoft Office.
The Digital Media Specialist role is:
- Curious by nature - You ask questions to ensure you understand the needs, impacts and risks for the CCA.
- A problem solver – With every change you evaluate the impact on the organization and assess options.
- An exceptional writer – You deliver thoughtful and effective content that drives engagement.
- Detail-oriented – You can multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A good judge of when and how to involve teammates and management.
- Bilingual in French - not required but considered an asset.
Post-graduate certificate in public relations, communications, social media or digital marketing
2-4 years of experience in a related position within a fast-paced environment. Health sector experience is considered an asset.