Digital Media Coordinator - Type Diabeat-it
About the Role:
Overall: We are looking for someone experienced in social media and communications to manage and our online presence. We currently have a website as well as a Facebook and Instagram that will need to be monitored and managed. This individual would be mostly be working independently along with some collaborative work with a Researcher/Writer and the Fundraiser who will be providing some content that will need to be communicated via our social media channels and website.
- Help develop a cohesive social media strategy to support our goals of increasing awareness of our organization, growing our online audience and fundraising
- Create engaging social media content for our social media platforms
- Manage monthly analytics and provide assessments and recommendations based on analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize, plan activities, and demonstrate initiative with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in social media
- Ability to multi-task
- Good work ethic, flexible, enthusiastic, professional and team-oriented
- Knowledge of and experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Pages, Instagram for business
Type Diabeat It is a Canadian non-profit organization that is focused on educating and supporting Canadians and Belizeans living with Diabetes. We share a two-part mission that envisions the improvement of the diabetic reality in both Canada and Belize. Our role is to ensure Black Canadians and minority groups are not only given access but also equipped with adequate resources to better manage and prevent diabetes. Our aim is to be a catalyst for change as we seek to alleviate the disparity that minority groups experience when living with a chronic disease.